• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GAM3INO

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2011
    Crown Point
    So I went to my local gun shop today and bought an M&P 15 optics ready rifle, and fitted it with magpul everything. Got up to the counter to pay for everything, and BAM, delayed...

I got delayed last December, then bought another gun in March and was NOT delayed and now today I was delayed again. Not sure whats going on, but it really sucks. Now I have to wait until next Wednesday to pick it up. Please tell me someone here can say they feel bad for me? ;)

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    I haven't had that happen to me yet,are you saying they couldn't get the background check to go through and told you to come back another day?

With the check you get three responses, approved, denied, or delayed. With delayed you will be approved or denied within a few days, and if you are not, it is an assumed approved. Some dealers will still not sell to a delayed even if they never come back with a denied.

SideArmed

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 22, 2011
    i was all set to take home a brand new Ruger SR9c from the 1500 on Sunday and got delayed! So now I have to make my way up to Plainfield to pick it up. Good thing is they called the other day and said it was all good to go. So now I just have to find the time to make it up there.

The bonus of it is, they said that I can take 10% off of some ammo and holster when I come in to pick it up, Score!

I feel for you though, it is a irritating situation to be in. Hopefully you will find something to pass the time with.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    I can! I had my ID stolen, had to get a PIN, sent in my finger prints and now I put in the PIN, and I get my gun! I hope the scumbag who stole my ID,AND my grandpa's gun, rots in everlasting hell (I'm not bitter though!) Did you ever problems before? Might want to do some research to find out why the delay, Good luck!

GAM3INO

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2011
    Crown Point
    Well, I got some good news today. The gun shop called me early this morning and told me that the FBI had called them and gave me the proceed order! So I just went and picked it up. Pictures will be up soon in the Long gun forum.

GAM3INO

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2011
    Crown Point
    Did you submit you SSN with the application? Regardless, that really SUCKS!!!

Yes I did submit it. Which is why I was more confused on the delay. Nothing at all has changed since March when I last bought a firearm. Either way, it worked out for me with getting the order to proceed with the purchase, so I'm happy!:D

CSORuger

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Brownsburg Indiana
    So I went to my local gun shop today and bought an M&P 15 optics ready rifle, and fitted it with magpul everything. Got up to the counter to pay for everything, and BAM, delayed...

I got delayed last December, then bought another gun in March and was NOT delayed and now today I was delayed again. Not sure whats going on, but it really sucks. Now I have to wait until next Wednesday to pick it up. Please tell me someone here can say they feel bad for me? ;)

I feel your pain

bill_clinton_boo_hoo.jpg

victor 1971

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2009
    The region
    I feel your pain. I moved back here from Colorado 8 years ago and this has happened with three guns here, so far. Always get the clear though. I have a life time permit for Indiana and am an army vet too! No criminal record either! Never had this problem in Colorado. Strange. Very strange. "Big sis" does say that the average middle age white guy is likely to be the next domestic terrorist. Maybe I'm being racially profiled, huh? :patriot:

strahd71

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    wanatah
    i've been delayed before. havent bought anything in a shop in a long time. i always wondered if it was because about 96 or so i went to try and get a phone for the first time and couldnt because i owed the at&t like 500 dollars. i was confused since i had never had a phone before. come to find out some mentally ill chick out east pulled my soc# out of the air and ran up a bill. ended up having to have a lawyer deal with it.

jake

iMac

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    I've heard of it happening to ex-military before because of certain security clearances.

Drakkule

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Butler,IN. 46721
    All of the sales our shop have been delayed for the past few days, except mine. Not sure, but it might have something to do with the 9-11 10th, we did get a letter to watch out for multi sales 2 days ago. Never know.

a.bentonab

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 22, 2009
    Evansville

Interesting, I always knew you could fill one of these out but I wasn't sure what they acomplished. Apparently NICS is required to get rid of your info within 24 hours of receiving it. This is why passing a NICS check once has no effect on whether or not you will pass it again. You can fill one of these out and it will allow NICS to keep your information on file and therefore have something to reference, meaning if you pass a NICS check once you would presumably pass again very quickly unless something new came up.

Top Bottom