Can someone please explain the whole zombie thing?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sigasaurus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    Apr 6, 2011
    Plainfield
    picture.php

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    These days, it's a way to euphemize the groups one fears will be a problem, without being called out for the mortal sins of racism, classism, whatever. In fact, zombie is weirdly appropriate to the people who may be basically walking dead, if only due to their lack of preparation for a world that will no longer provide for them. I'll provide for me and mine.

Dewidmt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    South of the Muscatatuck
    Read the book "World War Z"...it was a New York Times best seller. It actually describes a viral infection that kills folks, then reanimates them. Actually makes it sound like a plausible scenario. The CDC report was kinda tongue-in-cheek describing how certain viruses could actually start a "zombie" outbreak.

strahd71

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    wanatah
    and then there is the whole definition of "zombie" there honestly isnt much of a chance of the dead rising, but there are excellent chances for more of a 28 days later type of situation. those types of "zombies" are possible. i would suggest 28 days later and the crazies for a more realistic scenario

jake

EPD1102

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Evansville
    I appreciate the information guys. I am now getting a kick out this zombie thing now that I'm beginning to understand the hidden truth behind it.

WOLFEMAN

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    LAFAYETTE
    There is a great national relief organization you should join. The Zombie Squad. It performs disaster relief functions, mostly natural disasters, food
    drives and many other good samaritin activites. www.zombiehunters.org

But they are always on the lookout for zombies :shoot:

:ingo::patriot:

Boiler74

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    I didn't understand the zombie thing until I read One Second After. The group that attacks the town made me realize what the whole zombie thing was about.

drgnrobo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    ft. wayne
    I guess you havent seen my "The hardest thing about the Zombie Apocalypse is trying not to get to excited" mug. Its really turning into a subculture of sorts but preparing for such a thing is along the same lines as preparing for any type of emergency & having emergency preparations (water ,canned food ,MRE's First Aid ,ETC.) Go to the CDC web site & there is even (to be taken lightly ) Zombie Prepardness 101

Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    I guess you havent seen my "The hardest thing about the Zombie Apocalypse is trying not to get to excited" mug. Its really turning into a subculture of sorts but preparing for such a thing is along the same lines as preparing for any type of emergency & having emergency preparations (water ,canned food ,MRE's First Aid ,ETC.)

Oh, did not know that. Thanks for update.

Do like the idea of an excuse to get another gun though.

tom1025

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Underground
    Can someone please explain the whole zombie thing going on in the shooting world? There are zombie targets, Ka-Bar has a new line of Zombie-Killer knives, Para-Ordnance introduced their new rifle as a zombie killer, and Guns & Ammo magazine recently had an article entitled "Ten Things You Probably Didn't Know About Zombies". I just don't get it.

Its kinda like a jeep thing. If you never had one then you wouldn't understand.

ImGumbyD@mIt

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Lafayette Area
    Zombies are the new vampires. You should really check out the series "The Walking Dead" on AMC. It is on Sunday nights at 9. The bad thing is, if you start now you would be in the middle of the 2nd season and you really need to see it all from the start, but still worth checking out if you get a chance.:rockwoot:

And remember rule #1 is cardio. ;)

Top Bottom