Can someone recommend an electronic scale?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • THE BIG SITT

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Greenwood
    My wife has all but told be she is getting me reloading equipment for Christmas. I think I have a list of everything I need except for a scale. What are some you would recommend? I am starting out on the Lee Anniversary press, so nothing too over the top.

Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    Bought and got rid of...can't remember the name...but it was a $30.00 electronic scale. I read the reviews at Midway and everybody said it was a great scale for the money! It was really terrible for reloading. So then I went to the forums and almost everyone said, if ya don't spend $100.00 or more for an electronic scale your wasting your money. So beams scales are good to go if you buy a quality name. Maybe their running $50.00 to 80.00.

Deprime

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 6, 2009
    Hancock Co.
    I have been using a Lyman Micro-Touch 1500 for some time now. It has always been spot on for me when I have double checked it against my RCBS beam scale.

Broom_jm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    Bought and got rid of...can't remember the name...but it was a $30.00 electronic scale. I read the reviews at Midway and everybody said it was a great scale for the money! It was really terrible for reloading. So then I went to the forums and almost everyone said, if ya don't spend $100.00 or more for an electronic scale your wasting your money. So beams scales are good to go if you buy a quality name. Maybe their running $50.00 to 80.00.

Frankford Arsenal scale, maybe?

For the record: That's the scale I have and it's fine unless the batteries get low.

For some reason, folks think they really NEED to have +/- .05 grains of accuracy or more for reloading. If they knew how factory ammo was reloaded, and that volume of powder means way more than weight, they wouldn't sweat it so much.

Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    Frankford Arsenal scale, maybe?

For the record: That's the scale I have and it's fine unless the batteries get low.

For some reason, folks think they really NEED to have +/- .05 grains of accuracy or more for reloading. If they knew how factory ammo was reloaded, and that volume of powder means way more than weight, they wouldn't sweat it so much.

I thinking it might have been a MTM, it was red. I was loading Clay's for the first time and was really concerned about the powder's really small window of 0.4 or 0.5 grains. The scale would not repeat +/- .1 grains, sometimes +/- 0.2 grains. Which was unacceptable for such a quick burning powder like Clay's that is #10 burn rate chart.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    I too bought a cheaper model that had good reviews from Cabelas. It totally sucked and was all over the place. Cabelas stands behind their product and allowed me to ship it back and I took a credit for it.

Bought the RCBS charge master scale dispenser combo and it has been great and that was several years ago now. It is dead nuts on with my LEE balance beam scale that came with my LEE kit. Very happy with it and would recommend it. I also waited for a sale then paid in my Cabelas points then also got the rebate. Basically stole the darn thing.

Top Bottom