Can there ever be federal gun registration?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • n9scg

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2012
    I beleive we should push for a State freedom of firearms act to be passed. Montana lead the way its up to us and the other states to follow suit. The feds can regulate interstae commerce with the commerce clause of the constitution, but not intrastrate commerce. Therefore in my opinion the Feds can ban anything they want but they cannot trump state legislation regarding Intrastate commerce. Therefor if a firearm is banned on the federal level, they can be produced within the state and sold to state residents. Read up on the Montana freedom of firearms act.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    The "well regulated" language of 2A will be the door that opens almost anything they want to eventually do to gun owners.

I'd argue though that if anyone who understands proper grammar reads 2A, they'd know that it's the militia that is regulated, not arms.

According to my gastroenterologist, I am 'Well Regulated'. :D

As far as your unfortunately misguided statement, please refer to BoR's reply.

In addition, the first clause concerning the Militia, It is referring to fact that the People are the ones tasked with the DUTY to maintain the security of the Free State.

The UN-infringed Right to Keep and bear arms is intended for all us (The People) to have the means to fullfill that duty against All Enemies. (Foriegn or Domestic)

Liberty1911

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    As far as your unfortunately misguided statement, please refer to BoR's reply.

I don't disagree with BoR's post. What I'm saying is that the government, despite the original intent, will use the "well regulated" language as an opening to enact anything they want.

If you don't think they will, you're kidding yourself.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    I don't disagree with BoR's post. What I'm saying is that the government, despite the original intent, will use the "well regulated" language as an opening to enact anything they want.

If you don't think they will, you're kidding yourself.

I think they've tried it many times before and know, via SCOTUS rulings, it's a losing arguement. The whole "well regulated = Regulation" thing has been parroted for decades. It's tired old rhetoric.

The problem is see here is Our (so called) Side is as stuck in all the old rhetoric as is the left is. It's become a war of slogans where few even know what the words mean anymore.

If WE want to finish this once and for all, WE have to be better than they are. WE have to rise above the school yard name calling, the bumper sticker slogans, the pettiness (its a magazine not a clip) and show the fence sitters as well as the dyed in the wool Anti-gunners, that they cannot win.
    Their emotion makes them weak, by continuing to play their emotional game, WE have become weak as well.

Top Bottom