• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Penske

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2010
    I know the question has been ask before I'm sure and I thought I read in here that it was legal to carry in a bar But my wife is taking a self defense course and the Cop told her that you cannot carry in a bar . I think that is in correct can someone help me here?

Thanks

Penske

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2010
    That's what I thought but i cant seem to find any legal info on the internet that says you can

FutureButterBar

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Don't Worry About It
    i've been here before. i got lied to by the owner of the bar, but given that my buddy's mom worked there, i just put it in the truck. next to my five other guns that were in the truck. my buddy was still carrying, so he could have just covered me as i sprinted to the truck and got the real guns. but anyways, yeah you can carry.

as a cop once told me, lying isn't illegal.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    You can carry in a bar in Indiana.

You can drink in a bar in Indiana.

One of these is discouraged, but everyone knows their limits. I've OC'd into, and drank in, a few bars. It is 100% legal in Indiana.

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    To quote Kirk Freeman from another thread:
    This technique, if deliberate, is called "chaffing" or "seeding", throwing up incorrect information as to laws with the hope that people act in compliance with what the police wish the law to be.

EvilElmo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 11, 2009
    Dearborn Co.
    Not until their new law goes into effect!!!! I think they have a 1 July "start date" for new laws as well.

-J-

Actually it's 90 days after the Governor signs the bill. The Ohio Legislature has passed it and sent it to the Governor this week but he has not signed it yet. He has stated however that he will, and unless he vetoes it the law automatically takes effect 10 days after he receives it whether he signs or not. So it'll be sometime around Oct 1st that carrying in an establishment with a liquor license becomes legal in Ohio.

For details on the Ohio situation visit the Buckeye Firearms Association legislation guide: http://www.buckeyefirearms.org/Legislation-Guide

Last edited:
    Top Bottom