Can you lubri-size multi band/ bevel based bullets?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NinnJinn

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 10, 2011
    Loogootee (Lo Go Tee
    I sent in my Lee 6 cavity mold (401-175-TC) for warranty repair. 7 days after I shipped it, I received a brand new mold free of charge. However, it isn't the same mold that I sent in. (TL401-175-swc).

My mold that I sent in produces bullets like this:

90256-600x600.jpg

The mold that I got produces bullets like this:

DSCF0222.jpg

I haven't used the mold, Should I contact Lee and see if they will send me the same one that I sent in? I really don't want to be a pain in the butt, But, I don't want to have to use liquid alox, or melt bees wax to lube them.

My pistol does not like unsized bullets, the round will not fully go into the chamber. After I started lubri-sizing them, (1,500+ rounds) I never had a problem what so ever.

Suggestions?

Thanks.

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Mishawaka
    I've used .38 & .45 Tumble Lube bullets that were run thru my lubra-sizer and have had good results with no leading. I prefer to use a single or double groove bullet but the TL bullet still gets the job done.

You have to be more stingy with the amount of lube you run in the sizing die as your running the TL bullets thru it because the bullets take a little less lube.

woodsie57

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Morgan Co.
    I have been lubing 44tl bullets with Johnsons paste wax- about a tablespoon in a coffee can with 200 -300 warm bullets,swirl em around a few minutes, dump on some waxed paper to dry. May not be the ultimate, but works for me. Might get fancier if I get a sizer, but so far, so good. And, it's cheap!

Top Bottom