• ...and so much more!
  • goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    Look, I am pretty much against what these folk preach, but this guy makes some very good points. (Warning: There are a few vulgarities used.)

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFZrNSa3b8g&feature=related[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0cp_DyfiRU&feature=related[/ame]

Last edited:

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    This dude is totally right on the money.

I find it hilarious that Glenn Beck said that this guy is trying to end Capitalism. Really?! LOL. Gotta keep propping up the Left-Right Paradigm. Divide the public. Protect the machine.

figley

Expert
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    SW Indy
    For a long time, I have felt that our population and geography is too diverse to be as controlled as it is by a centralized gov't. Along with that, is the belief that if we reversed the portions of our taxes that we send to the fed. and state. gov'ts, we would be much better off.

The OWS crowd has been made to look like fools, because media and opponents choose to hilight the opinions and ramblings of the fringe loons, and paint that as the majority opinion. Sounds like another group I can think of.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    This dude is totally right on the money.

I find it hilarious that Glenn Beck said that this guy is trying to end Capitalism. Really?! LOL. Gotta keep propping up the Left-Right Paradigm. Divide the public. Protect the machine.

I find it funny that anyone takes anything Beck says seriously. After reading many different views on drug addicts on here, people still continue to support that coke head. From the amount of cheap drugs at OWS events, I wouldn't be too surprised to see Beck out there sniffing around trying to get a free score.

Pocketman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    There are some fringe people in the Tea Party that get exploited to make the movement look bogus. Same thing with the OWS. People getting involved through peaceful assembly is important. I think they should be called the 52% but that's a different issue.

Let's face it folks, we have to many taxes and money controls the government. Time for a change!

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    There are some fringe people in the Tea Party that get exploited to make the movement look bogus. Same thing with the OWS. People getting involved through peaceful assembly is important. I think they should be called the 52% but that's a different issue.

Let's face it folks, we have to many taxes and money controls the government. Time for a change!

OWS is more like the less than 10%....frankly I don't know that many lazy, stinking, whiny assed, people.

trillobite

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2011
    Muncie
    For a long time, I have felt that our population and geography is too diverse to be as controlled as it is by a centralized gov't. Along with that, is the belief that if we reversed the portions of our taxes that we send to the fed. and state. gov'ts, we would be much better off.
    Agreed. Using a cookie-cutter across this Nation isn't a good choice, as it only would work for specific situations, leaving the rest "boned".

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Jeffersonville
    OWS is more like the less than 10%....frankly I don't know that many lazy, stinking, whiny assed, people.

Interesting number, less than 10%... one that I have never seen in any of the polls...

I have seen polls indicating 36%-54% agree with or view the movement favorable... I would think that means at least 1/3 of the population....

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/general_politics/november_2011/36_say_wall_street_protesters_represent_views_of_mainstream_america_44_disagree

http://www.businessinsider.com/occupy-wall-street-is-now-twice-as-popular-as-the-tea-party-2011-10

Even the Fox news poll shows 38% of people believe the protests represent their views.... I believe it hit 69% at one point...
    http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2011/10/07/do-occupy-wall-street-protests-represent-your-views-economy/

Last edited:

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    You actually believe that 1/3 of the population supports and agrees with how OWS has been operating? Rape? Murder? Public defecation? Public urination? Public Intoxication? Child Endangerment? Theft?

Not me. Nope. Not for one minute. Time for these little hooligans to go home and let the grown ups work the problems out.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Jeffersonville
    You actually believe that 1/3 of the population supports and agrees with how OWS has been operating? Rape? Murder? Public defecation? Public urination? Public Intoxication? Child Endangerment? Theft?

Not me. Nope. Not for one minute. Time for these little hooligans to go home and let the grown ups work the problems out.

You actually believe that rape and murder is how OWS protests "operate"?

I guess since rapes and murders happens in America, rape and murder must be how America operates also. By association, anyone that supports America supports rape and murder.

I am willing to bet that at some point in time a Democrat raped and murdered someone, so rape and murder must be how Democrats operate... I would bet a Republican has done the same at some point... So anyone that supports the Dems or Repubs must also support rape and murder, obviously...

Or maybe, just maybe - the criminal actions of individuals are irrelevant to a political movement that does not condone those activities, even if that individual is affiliated with that movement.

But yes, if the polls tell us anything at all, then 36% is the lower number - coming from Rasmussen, not a left leaning media outlet... Taking into consideration that the Fox news poll indicates a higher percentage of support for the movement, I do not think it is a big stretch...

Last edited:

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    You actually believe that rape and murder is how OWS protests "operate"?

Yes I do. facts of the matter regarding the death of Don Swank in Bloomington, according to the Herald Times, Swank came "home" to the camp, visibly sick that evening. Instead of calling an ambulance for him, the camp bosses decided they didn't want the possibility of outside intervention to cause them a black eye in the public press...so they had their medic look the guy over and put him to bed...where he died. Murder? Not likely but it was surely gross negligence on the part of the OWS ring leaders that helped old Don down the path to pushing up daisies.

Women in NYC have been raped and then asked, no begged, by OWS ring leaders to not report it, for fear of the bad press they might receive. Some of these OWS ring leaders are hiding rapists in their midst instead of risking bad public opinion....well guess what...support for the way OWS is handling itself is losing support every day. This whole demonstration has been made to look childish and stupid by the leadership.

Go ask the man on the street just what OWS is trying to do, and I'm willing to bet the majority of people will say "I have no idea". The messages change with every breeze. It's a failure. They can go home now.

People are DEAD and DYING from this stupid unorganized demonstration, and the leadership (if there even is any) hasn't got the first clue what to do about it. One other thing, they don't represent the 99% of anything.

I defend their right to protest and disagree, but when people are dying, living in filth, and being raped because this thing got too big for the leadership to handle it is time for it to shut down and move on.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Jeffersonville
    Yes I do. facts of the matter regarding the death of Don Swank in Bloomington, according to the Herald Times, Swank came "home" to the camp, visibly sick that evening. Instead of calling an ambulance for him, the camp bosses decided they didn't want the possibility of outside intervention to cause them a black eye in the public press...so they had their medic look the guy over and put him to bed...where he died. Murder? Not likely but it was surely gross negligence on the part of the OWS ring leaders that helped old Don down the path to pushing up daisies.

Women in NYC have been raped and then asked, no begged, by OWS ring leaders to not report it, for fear of the bad press they might receive. Some of these OWS ring leaders are hiding rapists in their midst instead of risking bad public opinion....well guess what...support for the way OWS is handling itself is losing support every day. This whole demonstration has been made to look childish and stupid by the leadership.

Go ask the man on the street just what OWS is trying to do, and I'm willing to bet the majority of people will say "I have no idea". The messages change with every breeze. It's a failure. They can go home now.

People are DEAD and DYING from this stupid unorganized demonstration, and the leadership (if there even is any) hasn't got the first clue what to do about it. One other thing, they don't represent the 99% of anything.

I defend their right to protest and disagree, but when people are dying, living in filth, and being raped because this thing got too big for the leadership to handle it is time for it to shut down and move on.
    Are they an unorganized protest, or are they an organized mob or rapist and murderers? It cannot be both at the same time... Also, equating an individual getting raped by a lowlife citizen to OWS being an organization of rapists is about as far of a stretch as can be made. Considering the OWS protests an organization of rape and murder is akin to considering Penn State an organization of child rapists. Someone affiliated with Penn State raped children, and another individual affiliated with Penn State attempted to sweep it under the rug... those individuals should be ousted and prosecuted, but Penn State first and foremost is an organization dedicated to higher education, and not child rape - the distinction is enormous.

It is interesting that you bring up people not knowing why they protest - because since they do not make concrete demands like most movements, I think it is natural at first to assume that, and for that talking point to be made in opposition. In reality though, the vast majority of us know why they are protesting. Their protests may be composed of many different individuals with many different ideas/solutions, and many of them may be saying different things and in many instances they may disagree with one another - but we know the big why that brought them together in the first place. They may not have a bullet point list of demands, or proposed solutions - but the reason they are protesting is not at all a mystery. Go back to that Fox poll I posted, the "Maybe. I am not sure what they want" garnered a whole 2.58% of the votes....

Everyone does not agree with the necessity of the protests, but most of us know why they are protesting.

In the end, I highly doubt the protests are going to make a large impact on our system. The safe money would be on the status quo financial system marching on, and the trend leading to a more extreme position 20-50 years in the future, with the fallout of that being a much more significant problem that could easily lead to disastrous consequences for our nation.

I doubt we need to worry about the protests today, however we do need to worry about the unsustainable system that the protests reference continuing down the same path.

"The greatest shortcoming of the human race is our inability to understand the exponential function."

Last edited:
    Top Bottom