Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Does that mean will be seeing some Canadian surplus Hi Powers in the next few years?
    Or will them crazy Canadians destroy them?
    See post 2.

they will undoubtedly be destroyed to prevent those evil devices from falling into the hands of anyone.

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    I am hearing the Hi Powers may get donated to Ukraine

Honestly probably not worth the freight costs

Back on topic this move does not surprise me , Sig out Glocked, Glock with the P320. If people rember Glock catapulted to popularity using the LEO market in America, Sig is doing the exact same thing with the US .Gov Military contracts.

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    It's a nice pistol, but I hate strikers though. I want to see and be able to manually control my hammer, I really like my 92FS and Browning BDM with their SA/DA action.

It's probably a dumb position to take since most modern designs seem to be migrating this way, it's just my own little OCD hangup and at least they have real (non-glock style) triggers and manual safety.

I do like the AXG, may need to try one out at the range.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    It's a nice pistol, but I hate strikers though. I want to see and be able to manually control my hammer, I really like my 92FS and Browning BDM with their SA/DA action.

It's probably a dumb position to take since most modern designs seem to be migrating this way, it's just my own little OCD hangup and at least they have real (non-glock style) triggers and manual safety.

I felt the same about strikers, I own a few.glocks and just dont like them.
    Until I bought a Sig M17. It did outglock glock.
    Great trigger and a ambi safety.
    If you would like to shoot one, I shoot two miles west of Alexandria. I would be glad to put one in front of you along with a few hundred rounds of ammo.
    When you're done sir, you will buy one.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy

Combat pistol is a 92, large CCW is a USP9c, running gun is a 442, pocket gun is a 21a.

I also have an affinity for hammers. I can and do run striker guns, but I really like the security of DA/SA. Under real adrenaline dump I know I'll burn through that first DA like it's not even there. If there is enough time it can always be cocked.

When something is pointed at your twig and berries all day it's nice to know a long trigger pull is between you and Darwin.

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    I felt the same about strikers, I own a few.glocks and just dont like them.
    Until I bought a Sig M17. It did outglock glock.
    Great trigger and a ambi safety.
    If you would like to shoot one, I shoot two miles west of Alexandria. I would be glad to put one in front of you along with a few hundred rounds of ammo.
    When you're done sir, you will buy one.
    TY for the offer, may take you up on that as you're not too far from Indy.

It is disappointing to me that so many new guns are striker only and looking at S&W offerings, besides the revolvers and 1911's they don't have a many models with an external hammer or safety trigger. The Shield is interesting, it has a hammer, but also the stupid trigger, ugh. I guess I may have to stick with 1911's and the Beretta.

binkerton

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2012
    "Browning, yes this is Canada. I'm soory but we just got all these police trade in sigs from wisconsin, eh. You can have these back now."

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At the Ranch.
    Combat pistol is a 92, large CCW is a USP9c, running gun is a 442, pocket gun is a 21a.

I also have an affinity for hammers. I can and do run striker guns, but I really like the security of DA/SA. Under real adrenaline dump I know I'll burn through that first DA like it's not even there. If there is enough time it can always be cocked.

When something is pointed at your twig and berries all day it's nice to know a long trigger pull is between you and Darwin.
    Striker fired plus DA/SA= Walther P99. Plus the trigger and reset is fantastic. YMMV.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Striker fired plus DA/SA= Walther P99. Plus the trigger and reset is fantastic. YMMV.
    I want a P99 really bad. Really expensive and hard to find now.

There's really nothing wrong with strikers. I shoot them fine, and they have a lot of advantages. I just like hammers.

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    they have a lot of advantages.
    Besides the tendency of external hammers to snag on something (clothing, holster, purse, whatever), what are "a lot of advantages"?

Like you, I don't think there is anything inherently wrong with them I just don't like. And it's always cocked and if something gets in the trigger guard enough to press.....boom.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Besides the tendency of external hammers to snag on something (clothing, holster, purse, whatever), what are "a lot of advantages"?

Like you, I don't think there is anything inherently wrong with them I just don't like. And it's always cocked and if something gets in the trigger guard enough to press.....boom.
    Single trigger pull, shorter reset generally on stock triggers, lower cost, equal reliability and durability to hammers.

That stuff matters when you're equipping an entire department. The majority of people carrying guns for a living are poor to marginal shooters. Striker guns are easier for marginal shooters and cost a whole lot less than 2,500 Berettas or P226s.

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At the Ranch.
    I want a P99 really bad. Really expensive and hard to find now.

There's really nothing wrong with strikers. I shoot them fine, and they have a lot of advantages. I just like hammers.
    They are out there. Are you looking for a 40 or 9? Full size or compact? Budget? Not to thread jack...

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    They are out there. Are you looking for a 40 or 9? Full size or compact? Budget? Not to thread jack...
    Oh, certainly 9mm. Would really prefer an original with the old proprietary rail, but not married to it. They used to turn up here and there for under $500 but that's probably not a real thing anymore, they really seem to have dried up. Kinda just hoping to see one on a shelf or in the classies one day.

Top Bottom