• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • InRon

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 12, 2013
    Well, the worst thing about buying a clone seems to have happened - no service. I bought a Canik 55 Stingray Compact (CZ P-01 clone). It is (was) a great shooter. Then the takedown pin started working its way out while firing. I waited two weeks too long before pursuing a warranty replacement. So I asked J&G sales where I might get replacement parts. "Contact the importer - CIA" . The people at CIA were very responsive but replied they the no longer import Canik and do not have the part I need - "Try TriStar, they are still importing Canik". OK, Tristar responded they import Canik but have never done that particular model (Stingray) so no parts for me. Canik USA website is useless, contacts never even acknowledged. On the off chance that Cajun Gun Works might have some parts I checked but no, not this model. So, I am probably going to have to buy a P-01:)

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    If it's a CZ clone then I would think CZ parts might work. I have the Canik 55 also. No issues yet with mine but I would be interested to know what you figure out.

jinks

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2013
    Central
    The slide release spring holds the slide release (take down pin) in place. Is the slide release spring broken, missing, or in the wrong place? The slide release spring is a bent wire spring on the right side of the frame and it is held in by the small pin in front of the hole for the slide release. A spring from a P100 or other metal framed Canik should work.

jinks

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2013
    Central
    I checked a CZ 75B and a CZ P1 and both have a similar slide release spring to the Canik. The CZ 75B spring has the radius bend like the Canik and the P1 has a angle bend. They both look like they would work.

InRon

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 12, 2013
    Thanks jinks, the spring seems to be fine but the slide release is ambidextrous, the release lever on the right side cams the spring somewhat. If the lever is pushed up it definitely makes it easier for the pin to slide out. Pushing the pin in requires a good deal of pressure to move the spring but it slides back out much easier.

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    Any progress on this? Bad spring or worn pin?

OP how many rounds would you guess you have shot through your Canik?

Last edited:

Roy805

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 17, 2017
    Lehigh Valley
    Well, the worst thing about buying a clone seems to have happened - no service. I bought a Canik 55 Stingray Compact (CZ P-01 clone). It is (was) a great shooter. Then the takedown pin started working its way out while firing. I waited two weeks too long before pursuing a warranty replacement. So I asked J&G sales where I might get replacement parts. "Contact the importer - CIA" . The people at CIA were very responsive but replied they the no longer import Canik and do not have the part I need - "Try TriStar, they are still importing Canik". OK, Tristar responded they import Canik but have never done that particular model (Stingray) so no parts for me. Canik USA website is useless, contacts never even acknowledged. On the off chance that Cajun Gun Works might have some parts I checked but no, not this model. So, I am probably going to have to buy a P-01:)

Reaurectig an an old thread here in hopes to solving a problem I have.

Hey InRon, what’s the status of that Canik you mentioned a year ago? Did you get it going again.

dom

Last edited by a moderator:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Reaurectig an an old thread here in hopes to solving a problem I have.

Hey InRon, what’s the status of that Canik you mentioned a year ago? Did you get it going again? If not do you have it and would you be willing to sel it? I too have a stingray which I’m looking for a replacement barrel for and may be interested in purchasing it if you’re willing to sell, so I have replacement parts. Any chance you’d be willing to see if we can make a deal?

dom

OK......this is a direct breach of the rules. There are good reasons for these rules.This is one of them. I hope you see the logic in this.
    If you joined just to buy a gun you are here for the wrong reasons. Maybe not to you but to the general membership. We "All" had to clear these hurdles even me.
    If you read the rules as requested when you joined this should be known to you.

The rule......
    We want to welcome you to INGO. We also want to take this opportunity to ask you to read the FAQ which can be found in my signature below. It's pointed out in great detail why we have the 50 post rule because to the newcomer it can seem like an obscure rule for us to want to enforce. In order to participate in the classifieds, you must contribute to the forum by either 1) content in the form of 50 quality posts (not one liners) or 2) financially by becoming a site supporter. That information can be found here: https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/site_s..._are_here.html

Please remember, we are a forum first and then a place for classifieds. There is a plethora of information available here and that's what keeps people here and what allows us to have a classifieds section.

Thanks!

And this one as well.....
    Welcome to INGunOwners.com.

We would like to remind you that we are a forum first and foremost. The classifieds section is just an added benefit for participating members, whether by becoming a site supporter or through active quality participation.

It appears as if you are trying to participate in the classifieds and that is a violation of our rules. You may not buy/sell/trade, etc until you have 50 quality posts or become a site supporter. If there is just something you have to have in the classifieds and can't wait, here's the information on how to become a site supporter. https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/site_s..._are_here.html

INGO Staff

Roy805

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 17, 2017
    Lehigh Valley
    Hi churchmouse.

Im certainly sorry for the violation as it’s not my intent to break the rules. I understand why you’ve set the rules as you have but maybe if I explain my situation you’d be willing to forgive my mistake.

The canik Stingray is an extremely difficult item to find parts for as I don’t believe Century ever imported any. Through my internet searches I’ve found only a handful of individuals who own these handguns and even fewer who have a broken or non functioning one. When I saw that InRon may be my saving grace I hastily reached out in hopes that we could help each other out by coming to a mutual agreement. However in doing so I violated the rules by the forum.

i did attempt to reach out via PM but that too has a 50 post requirement as well. As much as I’d like to contribute to this forum not only as a new member but also as an enthusiast I admittedly don’t have 50 posts worth of valuable input to share.

If theres another appropriate way i way I can reach out to InRon please kick me in the right direction but if there isn’t, then I’ll try to either comply with the forum rules or scavenge elsewhere.

Again my apologies for the blatant but unintentional violation.

Dom

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Hi churchmouse.

Im certainly sorry for the violation as it’s not my intent to break the rules. I understand why you’ve set the rules as you have but maybe if I explain my situation you’d be willing to forgive my mistake.

The canik Stingray is an extremely difficult item to find parts for as I don’t believe Century ever imported any. Through my internet searches I’ve found only a handful of individuals who own these handguns and even fewer who have a broken or non functioning one. When I saw that InRon may be my saving grace I hastily reached out in hopes that we could help each other out by coming to a mutual agreement. However in doing so I violated the rules by the forum.

i did attempt to reach out via PM but that too has a 50 post requirement as well. As much as I’d like to contribute to this forum not only as a new member but also as an enthusiast I admittedly don’t have 50 posts worth of valuable input to share.

If theres another appropriate way i way I can reach out to InRon please kick me in the right direction but if there isn’t, then I’ll try to either comply with the forum rules or scavenge elsewhere.

Again my apologies for the blatant but unintentional violation.

Dom

Thanks Dom. I understand. But we are sticklers for the rules and with good reason.
    Now that you have found us stick around. This is a pretty nice place.

Top Bottom