• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spirit390

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Looking for recommendations on tubing and/or canoeing in S.W. Indiana/N.W. Kentucky/S.E. illinois. I am south of Sullivan (on the wrong side of the wabash) and we have family in the Rockport/Reo area. We are wanting to get together for some water activity. It would have to have canoes and/or tubes to rent. Thanks in advance for any input and will follow up with rep

poppy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2012
    South of Indy
    Don't know how far you are willing to travel but there is Clements Canoes near Crawfordsville, In. They have a website and rent canoes, tubes and cabins. Used to, they had a one day and a two day rental on Sugar Creek.

spirit390

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Thanks poppy. I knew of sugar creek and turkey run I have been both places in my youth. It is just to far for the family down south to drive up. Thanks again

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    Cave Country Canoes in far southern Indiana. I've gone on 3 trips using them, been fun each time, launch at their facility, bus picks you up several miles down river, drives you back.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Cave Country Canoes in far southern Indiana. I've gone on 3 trips using them, been fun each time, launch at their facility, bus picks you up several miles down river, drives you back.

Tip from a veteran. No matter where you go, take the run that drives you UPSTREAM first and gets you out at their facility where your car is parked.

Trust me, after canoeing all day, the last thing you want to do is sit and wait for a junker of a school bus to show up, help load the canoes on the rack and get your stuff and butts on the bus, for a sweaty ride back that feels like an eternity. You just want to be at your car relaxing.

Slawburger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Almost Southern IN
    Mammoth Cave.... This is a big area with lots to do.. I know it's kinda out of your way but it's only 2hrs from Reo, IN. (I goto the Reo drive-in all the time) I make the drive all the time from Newburgh as I have a son at WKY in Bowling Green.

Mammoth Cave National Park (U.S. National Park Service)

If you stay at Park Mammoth Resort they have a Shooting Range on the property.
    Resort: Lodging: Caves: Lakes: Hiking: Weddings: Hotel: National Park: Corvettes: Convention Center: Winery: Golf: Shooting Range

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    The one that poppy recommends up north or Terre Haute is not bad to go down sugar creek. The park and area there is pretty. I've done several day trips. And you can always camp or stay in the hotel at the state park...

I have heard good things about some of the stuff when you get down into Kentucky too but haven't done it personally. I have not heard about the places near the caves though even though I've visited them.

Let us know what you go with and report back... I am interested to hear!

Top Bottom