• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teknickle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    God's Country
    I have 4 sets of Lee carbide dies, but now I need a 9mm and 45acp set...but it doesn't seem that anyone has them in stock except fleaBay (and for $50).
    Does any local shop in Indiana have them?
    I would rather money go to local business than some gouger sitting behind a computer that probably doesn't even OWN a firearm.

I know that they won't be $25, but will be $35 or more for the 3-piece set.
    Any ideas?

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    I don't know what you're talking about. In the past 30 days I've bought both 9mm and 38/357 Hornady Titanium Nitride dies for $25 each :D

That being said, the 9mms were slightly used, but the 357s were brand spanking new. But, both buys from an individual.

Basically, .45acp, .380, 9mm, 40/10mm, 5.56/223/223 small base, and 308 dies are hard to find now, no matter what brand, be it Lee, Hornady, Lyman, Dillon, etc.

Just keep looking for them, they'll come back up eventually.

teknickle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    God's Country
    Well, that sounds encouraging anyway. And yes, I have dug through the classifieds on here too. I made a deal on a set this week and then the seller backed out last minute.
    So then I made a generous offer on the new listing and still nada.
    I think some people are scared that things might get WORSE before they get better.
    Quite possible, but we have to be realistic too.
    I have come across some people think that whatever *they* happen to be sitting on is pure gold (looking for the panic prices) but then want to use LAST YEAR'S pricing to value my ammo when as a trade.
    You can't have it both ways. (and I usually refer to pre-panic for apples to apples comparison).

I will keep looking. I have friends nearby with the calibers I need, I just don't like keeping them up until wee hours (which is when I like to relax and work on stuff).

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    I will keep looking. I have friends nearby with the calibers I need, I just don't like keeping them up until wee hours (which is when I like to relax and work on stuff).

Nothing wrong with borrowing. I'm borrowing a friend's 9mm caliber conversion right now because Dillon is so backed on shipping.

It'll normalize.........eventually.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    If you are in a tight and need a set fast, I have a set that you can borrow until you get some. Send me a PM and we can make arrangements for you to get them.

teknickle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    God's Country
    Wow, Que, that is very generous. No rush, though. I will just have to place an order somewhere and then wait.
    Until then, I think I am going to wall off my reloading corner..keep the dang cats from walking all over everything like they OWN the place.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    You might try the reloading swap meet at Profire on Saturday if you are close to the south side of Indy.

gopurdue02

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 2, 2011
    I would second profire. They got a fairly sizable die shipment in last week and they have TONS of dies. Literally enough to stock all the shelves and stack on the counter.

praff

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    Teknickle....

I might be able to help you out on a set of 45 dies. I recently bought a used dillon setup and it came with a set of 45 dies. I would be willing to let my RCBS set go for a fair price if you are interested. PM me if you are and we can work something out maybe even a trade of some sort. Lemme know

teknickle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    God's Country
    I don't know how I forgot about Titan. sheesh.
    But the INGo community pulled through again!
    Praff sold me a set of 45acp dies, so I should be getting going soon.
    (and I am down to about 1 single mag of factory ammo I can use at the range in my 45)

It's nuts because now I can't just run out and take people shooting. I am actually running low on ammo, where I didn't even blink before when throwing boxes in the range bag.

Lodogg2221

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 1, 2010
    Kokomo
    Or backorder them somewhere if you arent in a huge hurry.
    Thats what I plan to do if I cant find them in stock somewhere at non-ridiculous prices.
    Ive got 4-5 more calibers to get yet.

BudS

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2013
    Jeffersonville, IN
    Just received my Lee .45acp carbide dies in today. Thanks to 10ring.com, they were in stock and shipped the same day. I have been looking for a set for about a month, especially at the LGS, or even regional gun shops with no luck. Then I took my search online and it took 2 days before I finally found a set at 10Ring. It looks like they have Lee 9mm dies in stock as well.

Top Bottom