• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.
    Thanks fellas. I'll try without the backstrap (Gotta razor cut my Talon grip now) and like, really ultra double focus on the damn trigger pull. I see no flinching or movement when doing it at home, dry firing, but I usually go to the range by myself because I don't have anyone in my close circle of friends that likes to go as often as I do. And when they do, well, they shoot like me.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    The Glock grip plain sucks for some people. I personally would sell it and get something I could shoot more naturally. No good reason to keep fighting it, IMO. That's nothing against Glock, but not all firearms are going to be compatible with every shooter. I owned a couple of handguns I didn't 100% love before I settled on my current choice.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Vert and others hit on it...I'd bet the trigger finger "bicep" is contacting the frame and pushing the gun left (and maybe low). It takes a lot of rounds to work through it sometimes, but like most guns, you really have to focus on pushing the trigger straight back. I'm not sure why it is worse with Glocks (maybe heavier trigger??) but its not necessarily a mechanical issues with the gun.

If you have the gun handy, pick it up and do all the required things to confirm it is safe, and grip it like you would if you were quickly drawing to get rounds on target. See what parts of your hands are touching the frame. Ideally the only part of your trigger finger touching the gun is the pad of your finger itself.

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    The Glock grip plain sucks for some people. I personally would sell it and get something I could shoot more naturally. No good reason to keep fighting it, IMO. That's nothing against Glock, but not all firearms are going to be compatible with every shooter. I owned a couple of handguns I didn't 100% love before I settled on my current choice.

I tried so hard to like the Glock. Bought a 19. I noticed I hit to the left some too. For me, I could just never grow to like the grip. It felt so unnatural to me. I sold it.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Sometimes a gun just does not work well for you. For some reason, I could never warm up to my G19s, so I sold them. Odd thing is, I shoot the G23 just fine.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    Just can't. I actually shoot my little, snappy Kahr CM9 better than my Glock 19, even with the Glock's 3.5LB Ghost trigger. No matter what, I can't shoot straight.

I dry fire practice at home.

I focus on the front sight.

I don't think I flinch. It's 9mm, after all.

Still, without fail, always to the left.

Even if I try to compensate for the fact that I'm going to be shooting to the left and down and try to aim above and to the right of what I am trying to hit, I don't hit it.

Can anything be done? Am I just doomed to be a horrible shot for the rest of my life? I've been shooting for a few years now and still can't get a group smaller than the size of a basketball in the area I want even at short distances.

Thought somehow today I was able to shoot my Kahr pretty damn good. Much tighter groups with it even with the increased felt recoil and less comfortable frame. The groups were also closer to what I was aiming for, too...

I have THE answer .....

Buy, a S&W M&P !!!!!

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Sometimes a gun just does not work well for you. For some reason, I could never warm up to my G19s, so I sold them. Odd thing is, I shoot the G23 just fine.
    I'm a 1911 guy and the G19 was/is a major P.I. A. getting used to. I am NOT a glock fan but it's a tool I had to learn to use.
    I'm adequate with it now. Nothing close to one hole groups with my 1911s but good enough to depend on for my life. Capacity is the only advantage a glock has imho.

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013

I have been tempted to buy a G26, but my wife and I have agreed that I have enough guns, and can only get more if I get rid of some. There really isn't anything I feel like I can part with right now. :(

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Anything is possible but I've yet to see a Glock, 19 or 17 that wouldn't run them in the same hole at 7 yards. The Ghost connector is a plus but limiting overtravel is more helpful for most than lightening the trigger. Wish you were closer I would be happy to go to the range with you see what is going on. Generally low left is milking the grip when you pull the trigger. The more you "slap" the trigger the farther low left shots will range. Just my experience when teaching YMMV.

[FONT=&quot]NRA Life Member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]-- [/FONT][FONT=&quot]GSSF member[/FONT]
    Certified Glock & M&P armorer
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]NRA Basic pistol instructor[FONT=&quot] /[/FONT][FONT=&quot] RSO[/FONT]

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    ...I see no flinching or movement when doing it at home, dry firing...

I never flinch while dry firing at home, but find myself doing it sometimes with live ammo. Randomly load a snap cap in several mags and you'll find out quick enough if you're flinching or pulling left or right on the trigger.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    I never flinch while dry firing at home, but find myself doing it sometimes with live ammo. Randomly load a snap cap in several mags and you'll find out quick enough if you're flinching or pulling left or right on the trigger.

Good suggestion. The other one would be to balance a spent case on the front sight. Get to where you can squeeze the trigger without it falling off. ** Note this does mean you need a flat front sight like the factory front.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Just can't. I actually shoot my little, snappy Kahr CM9 better than my Glock 19, even with the Glock's 3.5LB Ghost trigger. No matter what, I can't shoot straight.

I dry fire practice at home.

I focus on the front sight.

I don't think I flinch. It's 9mm, after all.

Still, without fail, always to the left.

Even if I try to compensate for the fact that I'm going to be shooting to the left and down and try to aim above and to the right of what I am trying to hit, I don't hit it.

Can anything be done? Am I just doomed to be a horrible shot for the rest of my life? I've been shooting for a few years now and still can't get a group smaller than the size of a basketball in the area I want even at short distances.

Thought somehow today I was able to shoot my Kahr pretty damn good. Much tighter groups with it even with the increased felt recoil and less comfortable frame. The groups were also closer to what I was aiming for, too...

I struggle with Glock marksmanship too. It's an ongoing battle, mostly because even with no insert on a Gen 4, it's still a little too big for my fingers to reach the trigger without a lot of effort.

However, I'm pretty good at helping people learn to shoot more accurately, probably partly because of my own experience and challenges.

If you're willing to drive to RileyCC near Terre Haute some Saturday and you're willing to setup the targets, etc., I'll meet you there and work with you for a couple of hours. If a couple of others want to join us, that would be cool too.

I think we need to do this Lebowski. My Glock shooting is pretty spotty also.

Don't pass up a gift horse. Maybe bring that drone and get us some way cool footage of the range and club?

Maybe when it's cooler weather, with less going on?

Last edited:

Greyson

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 9, 2016
    Irvington/Indy
    The lost decade:
    I had trouble with G26 accuracy. "Had" being the key word.
    I've read lots of training materials, fired several and carried a few different pistols. Shot some rifles. Years passed and I got even more grey. Pulled out the '26 on a whim, and voila! I was nicely on target. No clue exactly what happened.

An experienced and observant teacher probably could have fixed my issue in an afternoon.

Top Bottom