• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 96firephoenix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    lol I need a gun first. and I might just put the FAST in there under the upholstery.. secure it somehow... that would def. allow me to do the work only once instead of for each and every gun that I get...

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    lol I need a gun first. and I might just put the FAST in there under the upholstery.. secure it somehow... that would def. allow me to do the work only once instead of for each and every gun that I get...

Ooo that's a really good point. That type of universal storage mechanism means whatever gun you want to put in your car at the time should work fine; no need to use a specific gun to fit the specific holster installed in the car.

Rep coming for pointing that out.

bglaze

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 5, 2009
    Muncie, IN
    When I ordered my SmartCarry holster, I also ordered one of their Car Holsters, and it works well! If you go to this link, scroll to the bottom of the page:

SmartCarry - Concealed Gun Holsters

I got the Large holster, and it fits everything from my 1911 to my Sig P229 to my much smaller S&W 642 revolver. It attaches with Velcro, and it's very strong.

Atkinsons

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 19, 2009
    Greenwood, IN
    I have what they call a "Fast Holster" and its a large magnet that mounts to whatever or where ever in your car and holds your gun. Its cover so it doesnt stratch your gun and its good for up to 20 lbs. I got it at the 1500. I love it.

96firephoenix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I just thought about something with the FAST holder in a car... in an accident, that gun is going to be putting a lot more than 20# of force on the magnet jsut from inertia... its gonna go flying.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Some really good suggestions in this thread. Especially 96fire's post. I hadn't really thought about being in an accident and the gun being out. Personally, I leave it on my hip in it's holster unless it gets to be too uncomfortable. At that point I just set it on the seat next to me since I have a bench seat in the truck. I don't worry if anyone sees it, it's not like it's in my hand waving it around or sticking it out of a sunroof while driving downtown Indy and two motorcycle cops in front of me! :lmfao:

I guess I'll just leave it in my holster while driving or put it in the glovebox.

I have considered rigging a holster that sits INSIDE the door panel, but I'm not sure how I'd do it.

Top Bottom