• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • =Josh=

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    West side of Indy
    I am looking for a Glock 19 holster for my car. I would like it to clip onto the driver's side door pocket but not require drilling holes or causing permanent damage to the interior. Any suggestions?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2016
    Bloomington
    I used an old safariland i hadnt used in a long time, i bought some industrial strength velcro tape and stuck it the inside of my center console just high enough that the barrel touched the ground to alleviate the weight. Worked well for a lon time. Just make sure everything is clean or the tape wont stick

Doublehelix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield
    I keep an old Remora holster stuck between the passenger sear and the center console. When I get in the car, it comes out of my IWB holster, and right into the Remora. When my wife is riding with my, I move it over to my side of the console. Seems to work great for my needs.

hoosierdaddy1976

I Can't Believe it's not Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    newton county
    I keep an old Remora holster stuck between the passenger sear and the center console. When I get in the car, it comes out of my IWB holster, and right into the Remora. When my wife is riding with my, I move it over to my side of the console. Seems to work great for my needs.
    I do something very similar. Stays just in front of my seat belt buckle.

Doublehelix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield
    Why are we holstering and unholstering to begin with?

When I am seatbelted in my car, I cannot easily access my IWB weapon in an emergency (carried at 4:30/5:00-ish). In fact, when seatbelted, it is dang near impossible to access my weapon at all. This puts it within easy reach.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Yeah, that is not for me. I have tried in the past, and let's just say it does not work with my body style. I can't imagine that it is any easier to draw a gun from an appendix carry when you are seatbelted in the car either, but maybe I am wrong.

What holster did you use?

And FYI, I started carrying appendix when I was a fat dude. Hiked my jeans over the belly, and it was the best method to carry. Now that I'm over 100lbs lighter, carrying appendix isn't any easier.

Anyone that says appendix carry doesn't work for them, hasn't done it properly. You need to use the proper holster. A cheap holster does not mix well with appendix carry.

KoD

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2015
    Richmond
    I am looking for a Glock 19 holster for my car. I would like it to clip onto the driver's side door pocket but not require drilling holes or causing permanent damage to the interior. Any suggestions?

VanGuard 2!!! Love it! It has a tether and covers the triggers snugly.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    That's great that appendix carry works for you, but it has no bearing on my holster choice. Appendix carry is not for me and doesn't work for me. And if I only had one handgun, I'd be unholstering from my body and holstering into the car holster. No reason not to if you're observing safety rules. A firearm holstered to my body when seatbelted is pretty worthless to me since it takes so much time to get to.
    Anyone that says appendix carry doesn't work for them, hasn't done it properly. You need to use the proper holster. A cheap holster does not mix well with appendix carry.

Doublehelix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield
    Appendix carry is only dangerous if you pull the trigger, violate safety rules or are generally very careless. Modern guns don't bang without help from the user:twocents:

Probably true, but it still scares me, and just does not feel natural. I am always going to prefer IWB at 4:30-ish, and I have no intention of changing for those times that I am in the car or permanently change my preferred method of carry to accommodate driving. I have been carrying at 4:30 for a long time, have trained at 4:30, and really love it with no reason to switch. If I felt there was something about 4:30 that I did not like, it might be different, but I love it. I hate having a gun dig into my stomach, and there is always the scary thought of shooting my dick off!

And honestly, I am not convinced that appendix draw while seatbelted in my car is any easier than from 4:30.

I understand the trepidation with unholstering and reholstering when you get into a car, and I have to say that I don't always do that, especially for a quick trip to the store, etc., but if I am in a suspect area, I can guarantee that it is accessible within a second.

To each their own I suppose, and for those of you who like appendix carry and it works for you, that is great.

phidelt208

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2011
    Post some pics and maybe a review of what you go with. I'm always trying to juggle the driving with standing carry.

Top Bottom