• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    That car is overpriced. If you can see rust there is more that you can't see. There are thousands of Mustangs out there and you can find them that are in very good shape for less money. It's a buyers market so don't buy anything that is not exactly what you want and don't pay anywhere near "Book" for it. :twocents:

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Also, there's no way that I'd want to have a Mustang as my only car if I lived in Goshen.

Granted, you may be used to driving a rear-wheel drive sports car in the snow & ice, but I'm certainly not.

Look through the local auto-trader to see what private sales are asking, look through the newspaper classifieds, too.

Also keep in mind that gasoline is continuing to go up in price... Not that the car gets horrible fuel mileage, but if all you're doing is in-town stuff, mileage will indeed suffer.

-J-

ljadayton

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    SW Indy
    Also, there's no way that I'd want to have a Mustang as my only car if I lived in Goshen.

Granted, you may be used to driving a rear-wheel drive sports car in the snow & ice, but I'm certainly not.

Look through the local auto-trader to see what private sales are asking, look through the newspaper classifieds, too.

Also keep in mind that gasoline is continuing to go up in price... Not that the car gets horrible fuel mileage, but if all you're doing is in-town stuff, mileage will indeed suffer.

-J-

That's a good point too. Before the ice and snow hit my brother bought 2 camaro's, 1 as a project and 1 as a parts car. He still had a Grand Prix. Dummy sold the Grand Prix once he had a camaro running. Then sold the parts car. Ended up with a car that was parked for over a month because of the roads. He couldn't even get out of his driveway. I got to play taxi along with his roommates. Now he's looking at buying a "reliable" car before winter hits again.

jmiller676

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    18 feet up

-J-

Alredy taken into consideration. :) I drive a lot of highway to work. I don't like towns.

jmiller676

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    18 feet up
    That car is overpriced. If you can see rust there is more that you can't see. There are thousands of Mustangs out there and you can find them that are in very good shape for less money. It's a buyers market so don't buy anything that is not exactly what you want and don't pay anywhere near "Book" for it. :twocents:

Luckily my Uncle has a body shop, a Saturday afternoon could be spent taking the door apart and spraying to seal it. I also heard KBB is dealer friendly...

Neezer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2011
    i worry about the bubble in the hood. i like ford, but i know a friend who has a ford pick up and his paint problems started the same way. one bubble formed and then the "paint cancer" just started from there. his entire hood is now down to the bare metal

jwdecour

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2010
    West Central Indiana
    There is lots of wiggle room on used cars. Start way low and then work to get them down on the price. Get their best price and then walk out if it is not where you want to buy. Give them a couple of days and see if they will take more off before you do buy. Just remember there are lots of GT Mustangs out there and they don't have the only one.

Sureshot129

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    NW Indiana
    I didn't read the whole thread but one thing to think about in having a Mustang GT in the winter in Goshen. I wanted one too then got my jeep instead got the convertable I wanted and 4wd for the winter. Just my :twocents:

Top Bottom