• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    911s are usually nice. I was more impressed with the styling of the Fusion, don't really care about hybrids or electric cars but the car looks pretty decent.

3point5

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2011
    Kokomo
    911s are usually nice. I was more impressed with the styling of the Fusion, don't really care about hybrids or electric cars but the car looks pretty decent.

Looks much like a cheap...4dr Aston martin

I'm amazed the chrysler 700c isn't on that list of misses, my eyes burned for hours after seeing that monstrosity of a minivan

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I went to the Indy Auto Show (it's no Detroit Auto Show since they only show current models). I like German cars myself. Their use of top quality materials is obvious on the interiors. Leather, dash material, carpet seems to be a notch above. However, looking through the new VW's...blah. I used to own a 1993 Passat GLX that was top quality (for its time) but the recent ones are awful. The carpet they use now mimics felt...why would I want felt for carpet? They leather feels cheaper and the stying looks Japanese. Ford and GM seem to be moving towards a European look and I like. However, their crappy plastic interiors blow. LOVED the Mustang but again, the interior feels cheap. These new cars are FAR too expensive to have such a cheap feel. I have yet to find a comparable vehicle to my 3-series BMW that feels the same inside. Thick material for dashes, great leather, thick pile carpet. You close the door and you feel "sealed in". Unless Cadi upped their interior quality, they are NO BMW. However, I see their appeal to buyers that want to stay US made. New cars are just too expensive in general and you seem to get less and less for your money.

$mooth

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 27, 2010
    Texas
    The new NSX looks amazing. And the electric motors coupled to the front wheels is going to be interesting. When turning, the outside front wheel can be over-driven and the inside can act as a generator, creating negative torque. That sounds like it could be really fun.

I disagree with the 2013 Accord coupe being a miss. From certain angles in pictures, I can see it looking like the previous gen. But I thought that car looked great, so evolving off of that design is a good move. But it does have a new greenhouse, new front, new back, looks like its stretched and a little more muscular. If I was single, and had money, I'd be looking at this. But the 2013 sedan (hasn't been shown) might be a winner.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    We went to the Indy show again this year. My wife fell in love with the BMW x3. Her comment seems in line with what you all are saying: "The foreign cars are really nice, and prices haven't gone up much. The US cars (specifically GM and Chrysler) are getting EXPENSIVE, and they still aren't as nice."

I just haven't been impressed with much of anything that is in my price range. And with the way prices have been climbing, my range is getting even smaller.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    American dash boards stink. The plastic clips/squeaky noise drives me insane. The play in the stick (for manuals) sucks as well as it is way sloppy. And why are the big 3 just now getting past the idea of a 4 speed automatic??

I agree VW's are loosing their quality. I have not been in a nicer model, but did rent a passat this past summer before we got the convertible 328. Still nicer then a Ford Focus... but not by much.

Mercedes seems to have nice interiors, but I don't like the way they lay it out. I test drove one a couple of years ago and the subwoofer in the door stuck out so far it got in the way of using the clutch... and the leather holds up just hardly better then an American car...

Top Bottom