• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    The gun has a good, positive feel to it. I didn't find it to be slick at all even in the wet, mud and cold.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I really wish Wilhelm hadn't have left Steyr. Maybe it's one reason they stopped importing them. The 1st gen M series pistol is really good & I hear the M A1 series is even better. I'm on the hunt for an M40 A1.

The Caracal fits good in the hand but I just couldn't get past those figure 8 sights. And that's coming from someone who likes the funky triangle sights on the Steyr!

Shift Zombie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 3, 2011
    I picked one up today and thought it felt cheap, and looked like a notch up on a high point. The sights were. . .ummmm, not good. I don't think I would spend money on one of these when you could buy a glock, Walther, Springfield, and a few others for about the same price.

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    I picked one up today and thought it felt cheap, and looked like a notch up on a high point. The sights were. . .ummmm, not good. I don't think I would spend money on one of these when you could buy a glock, Walther, Springfield, and a few others for about the same price.

Cheap? You're the first I've heard say that. Most everyone comments on the finely machined slide and near perfect fit of parts. I would say the gun looks better built than M&Ps I own.

People pay good money for Heinie Straight 8 sights and prefer them. But they're not for everyone.

Top Bottom