• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PINski1015

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2011
    Cyberspace
    Interested in these old rifles. Anybody have experience with them? I would just like one for the WW2 factor. Any way to find ammo? I'd be willing to pay the premium for the ammo, just not like a 9mm mauser where 20 rounds is like 40 bucks.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I had a guy bring in a 91/38 folding knife bayonet for a Carcano into the shop. The bayonets are kind of scarce. I looked it up for him and my jaw dropped. I said they are going for $250 on ebay and he offered it to me for $150. I passed and then the next day a carcano 91/38 came into the shop. I called up the guy with the bayonet and said, "Hey, I got the short rifle that goes with your bayonet." He brought it back in and I traded a couple of magazines and some ammo for it. Now I put them both on the wall with a tag. "Rifle free with bayonet purchase.":): It gets a few grins.

The bayonet folds to become a small sheath knife for doing camp chores. From what I understand this did not go over well and within a month or so Il Duce ordered the bayonet blades to be permantly locked in an open position, making the ones that fold quite scarce. What's funny is I would have passed up these bayonets at $25 because I didn't know. I learn something new everyday

Top Bottom