• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Am a big fan of the Bersa 380's. To me they do what they are supposed to do and I'm a sucker for what I percieve to be high value.

Bought the 45 acp version for a glove box gun and am happy with it so far. Maybe 500 rounds through it and no ftf.

I read a thread on this site about reliability problems with the smaller 45 1911's and that got me to wondering, is there any reason to believe that reliability issues with the 45 Bersa are likely?

SideArmed

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 22, 2011
    for-me-to-poop-on.jpg

I have nothing of real value to add here.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    The only way to tell...is to shoot it.

If they're anything like the 9mm versions, they're gonna want to be kept relatively clean and lubed (INGOer Roadie's experience with some dirt/lube caused malfunctions with his 9mm during a training class)

And I'll not crap on Bersa. They are indeed a very very good pistol for not a whole lot of dough. A value indeed (until you want to buy more mags for training / practice)

-J-

TaunTaun

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Is this like dragging a gun through the mud, sand, and gravel and picking it up to fire?

it may work fine, but you might want to wash up real good afterwards, and definately give the gun some TLC....

Knuckle Head

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2011
    NWI
    :wrongdoor:.......:poop: ....:n00b:

For a minute there I hesitated to enter this thread, thought I'd see something else, ....nevermind.

On serious note I have several friends who own, abuse, and re-abuse their Bersas at the range quite often. I have shot them and have nothing negative to add. The costs seem to be low and value quite high. Happy shooting!

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    I have a friend who owns a Bersa 380, and had the opportunity to compare it side by side with a Sig P230. Obviously the Sig was a bit more polished, but as far as function and accuracy, the two pistols were nearly identical. If I were in the market for a pistol, and Bersa had an offering that fit the general description of what I were looking for, I would not hesitate to consider their products.

AuburnGuy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 3, 2012
    Auburn, Indiana
    I have shot a lot of Bersa's. My BT380 has 5k or more through it. 0 malfunctions with Brass Cased Ammo. Bersa for the Money is one of the best buys in my opinion. You can't beat their warranty and willingness to stand behind their product.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I have owned a few Bersas. I have liked them all. The value of each was far higher than the price. I wish I still had a couple of them. I don't recommend pooping on them. Just sayin'.

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    "Poop on your Bersa"? I don't know. I guess I could try if you think that it might help. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

cluznar

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2012
    Poop on my Bersa?

I carry a Bersa Thunder .380 IWB loaded with Corbon Pwrball ammo and trust it completely. 1,000 rounds with not one problem. I have confidence in Bersa guns because they are dependable. I would like one of their 9mm's, maybe the Thunder UC 9mm which already has a good dependable rep, or possibly the BP9cc 9mm which is their new polymer gun with a shorter barrel and made for CC.

People need to look at Bersa more often.

:draw:

saberstar

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Apr 19, 2012
    Bloomington, IN
    I havent seen anyone complain about bersa in the forums I have read or in person. I see nothing wrong with the guns as I have the .380 thunder and have shot it afew times. I think people assume that if a gun has a lower price that it is junk. People that actually shoot said guns know that this is not the case. Just like in cars there is bound to be some lemons.:)

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I've owned several Bersa 380s, a pair of Bersa 9s, a 22 and a 45UC. I still have my 380CC, 22 and my 45UC and am happy with both. Bersa's are great guns and the larger frame (9, 40 and 45) seem to be even better than the 380s. My only complaint is that they are not easy to totally disassemble, but they share that trait with most modern pistols. They are the easiest gun to take down for cleaning though. Just turn a lever and the barrel and slide pop off.

I don't think any of the issues some have concerns over regarding smaller 45s would apply to the Bersa. It is a completely different design than a 1911. Mine has been a very good shooter.

Top Bottom