• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    As I read this my thinking is many future crimes have been prevented by this incident.

Exactly. Odds are that otherwise he probably would have lived at least another 30 years barring a moment of bad luck like this. If he did time averaging 2 to 3 years at a time, that would give him at least a dozen spells of being on the street during each of which he could reasonable be expected to commit a number of crimes. This one well-placed bullet could potentially have stopped hundreds of crimes.

mondomojo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2015
    India-no-place
    Exactly. Odds are that otherwise he probably would have lived at least another 30 years barring a moment of bad luck like this. If he did time averaging 2 to 3 years at a time, that would give him at least a dozen spells of being on the street during each of which he could reasonable be expected to commit a number of crimes. This one well-placed bullet could potentially have stopped hundreds of crimes.

Plus 1 on that. One good shot can save the taxpayers so much time, money and grief. As far as the "victim" language, it's because "journalists" no longer think about what they write. I'm disgusted at least once a day by the shoddy writing on local news. Worst part is that the dimwit talking heads just say it without regard to context or meaning. People hear it then start to believe it. As was said in a post about Fergusuon, there is too much media. I'll add that this excessive media is doing a crap job.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I feel badly for the officers who were forced to take the life of this kid, just because he didn't have enough sense to value it himself.

He was probably looking to make a name for himself and earn some street cred. He earned it alright. Now he'll be forever immortalized in the form of airbrushed t-shirts and as a R.I.P. window decal on the back of somebody's Impala.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    This linked article does in fact refer to the little bastard as a 'victim'

Good grief, you are right! I thought that was the name of the person that had the car stolen.

Textbook self-defense. Calling Green a "victim" is stretching the word to say the least.

Auto Theft, Resisting Law Enforcement, Battery with a Deadly Weapon, Carrying a Handgun Without a License, etc., all the day before school is to start?

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Good grief, you are right! I thought that was the name of the person that had the car stolen.

Textbook self-defense. Calling Green a "victim" is stretching the word to say the least.

Auto Theft, Resisting Law Enforcement, Battery with a Deadly Weapon, Carrying a Handgun Without a License, etc., all the day before school is to start?

Easy to understand. It seems that since journalists lack the talent to dazzle us with brilliance they baffle us with BS--and sometimes even the most focused mind can miss details in sorting it out.

As you implied, this could have had a much different outcome had he been rounding up school supplies instead of carjacking and starting a gunfight with the police.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    “Unfortunately nobody wins in this situation,” said IMPD Officer Chris Wilburn. “The officers are traumatized, and there’s going to be a subsequent investigation of course, and a family is going to get the very tragic news that their teenager is deceased.”

I can think of one group of people who won. Congratulations to all the law abiding residents of Indianapolis who have one less ne’er do well to look out for.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012

Not auto theft. Armed robbery.

Top Bottom