• ...and so much more!
  • SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    Did anyone else think that Carolina going for the 2 point conversion after the TD that put them up 44-15 was classless???

I will definitely be rooting for Denver during the Super Bowl....

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    I didn't understand why Arizona went for 2 on the TD before that. Either way the would still need 3 more TD's for the win. It didn't really help them.

Carolina just did it because AZ did it, I'm guessing.

ArmedNerds

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2016
    Behind a keyboard
    Did anyone else think that Carolina going for the 2 point conversion after the TD that put them up 44-15 was classless???

A lot of people have been ragging on Carolina for being conservative and letting up in the 2nd half. Perhaps they decided that it was time to let folks know they could hammer down. And let's not forget, this isn't little league baseball with a mercy rule - these are grown men who have one task, win the game. From what I saw of the game, they might have been dominating, but they weren't classless like the Bengals were in their game.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    The only "classless" actions I saw, on just about every team, was the stupid dance moves every time a player did something correct.

Carolina simply ran over the Cardinals. Nothing wrong with making a statement with your gameplay.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    A lot of people have been ragging on Carolina for being conservative and letting up in the 2nd half. Perhaps they decided that it was time to let folks know they could hammer down. And let's not forget, this isn't little league baseball with a mercy rule - these are grown men who have one task, win the game. From what I saw of the game, they might have been dominating, but they weren't classless like the Bengals were in their game.

Wait, do you mean to tell me that the Cards and Patriots won't be getting participation trophies?? What about their self esteem?? :faint:

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I might have a small issue with it had it been early in the season but with this being their last opportunity to run plays against a real (if you can call it that :):) defense before the Superbowl I don't blame them for taking advantage of the situation.

packard

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    I agree with Phylodog. A great opportunity to get in a practice play against a top rated team.

The game was over before Arizona's third play. It was all practice after that.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    ...I will definitely be rooting for Denver during the Super Bowl....

Prepare to be disappointed.

...and the opportunity to "practice" a 2 pt. conversion against a real defense which may be necessary in a later game? Not classless. If the Cardinals thought it was (don't know if they did or not), they need to put on their big boy pants....or make the game less than a 5 TD difference.

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    I might have a small issue with it had it been early in the season but with this being their last opportunity to run plays against a real (if you can call it that :):) defense before the Superbowl I don't blame them for taking advantage of the situation.

I think Brady is on pretty safe ground in that respect

Right. There's maybe one or two people in his caliber in the league and he lost to one of them. That must sting.....

AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013

Classless? Since when is the effort to win considered classless?
    If the other team didn't like it then they should stop them from scoring. Otherwise the object of the game to to score more than your opponents. And in the case of Carolina, they have given up huge leads all season. They may have needed that extra one point.

Top Bottom