• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Richwon4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2011
    Northern IN
    Hey everyone, I am not above catching big fish even if they are junk. Now we all know where we can catch the 10 pound carp. Where do you go to catch the big boys? 20-30# an on up? Really looking for a good place to go for the big boys... I will share some game fish info in return if you would like. Thanks

tca1352

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Nov 7, 2009
    Mishawaka....Merrifield Park. Lots of twenty pound carp in the St Joe River. Fish the sandbar across from swimming pool. Also drive over to Monkey Island by golf course.

Tippacanoe River....North of Lake Shafer. Have banked fish in the twenty pound range there also.

Pike Lake...Warsaw ......Lots of big fish.....state record carp taken from this lake.

Sylvan Lake....Kendalville.....Get set up.....hold on!

jath08

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 26, 2012
    Greencastle, IN
    Now your all talking. Although I don't consider carp junk fish but an exceptional sport fish. Every lake and river you mentioned tcal1352 has produced fish in the 20+ pound range. Ive fished all the lakes with the exception the Tippy river and have caught decent size fish. My favorites are the St. Joe (Merrifield Park) and Sylvan lake. By the way I believe we know each other tcal1352 A.K.A PacMan.

Richwon4 pm me if you want more details. Ill explain in pm.

Last edited:

tca1352

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Nov 7, 2009
    We need to hook up and catch a few this year.
    Now your all talking. Although I don't consider carp junk fish but an exceptional sport fish. Every lake and river you mentioned tcal1352 has produced fish in the 20+ pound range. Ive fished all the lakes with the exception the Tippy river and have caught decent size fish. My favorites are the St. Joe (Merrifield Park) and Sylvan lake. By the way I believe we know each other tcal1352 A.K.A PacMan.

Richwon4 pm me if you want more details. Ill explain in pm.

tca1352

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Nov 7, 2009
    Good god, I've landed bigger fish, but not in freshwater. What type of bait do they hit on? I've got to get in on some of this action... Patoka Lake is in my backyard!

I fished Patoka once. Others with me landed big carp, but I came up empty. I did manage to bank some of the biggest channel cats I have seen. Not to far away from Patoka is Lake Salinda. Another good spot for these freshwater monsters. I will pm you a link with all sorts of good baits.

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    The ditches in KOP are usually good for some nice carp, as is the Kankakee and its ditches (millers ditch) around North Liberty.
    We usually bow fish for them.

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    i see big carp all the time at merrifield park. Never target them though, what do you use for bait? summer mornings they are really active ive noticed.

AA&E

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2014
    Southern Indiana
    I fished Patoka once. Others with me landed big carp, but I came up empty. I did manage to bank some of the biggest channel cats I have seen. Not to far away from Patoka is Lake Salinda. Another good spot for these freshwater monsters. I will pm you a link with all sorts of good baits.

I received your pm, thank you! I do not have the post count to respond to pms yet. I know of lake Salinda. Never fished it, but have camped there. Beautiful area.

Richwon4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2011
    Northern IN
    Would appreciate the bait links. Thanks, and I'll have to stop by Merrifield Park and take a look around see if I can find the Sand Bar. The "Monkey Island" near the golf course still eludes me as far as googlemaps goes. I see no island. Thanks

peberly400

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2012
    Warsaw
    I usually throw a can of corn in the water to get them moving. I also use some heavy like with a treble hook and I'll put some corn on each hook. Usually works for me. I've also heard of people doing it with bread and using dough balls to catch them. I haven't had much luck with that method.

peberly400

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2012
    Warsaw
    Try making the dough ball more like a putty, helps with sticking it on a hook. I honestly prefer corn tho. Throw a can out and keep a couple dozen pieces and great fishing for 2$

Top Bottom