• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Who owns Victory Field, located in Indianapolis Indiana?

This states that Indy is the owner, but I dont know the credibility of it.

Yep, owned by the Indianapolis Dept. of Transportation (of all things):
    Beacon - Marion County, IN (Basic)

Leased by the Indians:
    http://www.indy.gov/eGov/Mayor/Documents/7 CIB Operations Fact Sheet.pdf
    In 1994, the CIB entered into an agreement to lease certain real estate from the Indiana White
    River State Park Development Commission, whereupon the CIB constructed Victory Field, a
    professional baseball facility. Under the lease and a related agreement, the CIB agreed to
    sublease the facility to the Indianapolis Indians, a minor league baseball franchise. The lease is
    currently in effect and ends on the sooner of March 31, 2016 or payment of construction bonds.

PappyD

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 24, 2008
    Westfield
    CC

Below is taken right off the Victory Field/Indians website. "no weapons...etc" I've cc'd an LCP in a fanny pack, right under a pocket camera. Security looked once but I zipped it about open about half way. LCP in a little Blackhawk #1 pocket holster. Turn it face down. No problem. On the walk out I take it out of the fanny pack and back into my front pocket.

I think the security folks have bigger fish to fry, so to speak.

Pappy

Security Procedures

All fans will be subject to inspection upon entering Victory Field. All coolers, containers, large bags, backpacks, camera bags, purses, etc. will be inspected upon entry into the ballpark. Coolers and food must enter through the designated gates in Center or Right Center Field. Glass, alcohol, weapons, balloons, horns, laser pointers, and other missile-like objects will not be permitted into Victory Field. For the comfort and security of all our guests, Indians management reserves the right to not allow hazardous or disruptive items (i.e. healies, obtrusive noise makers, etc.) into Victory Field

bartonmd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 11, 2008
    Mooresville/Camby
    No problem, today... Just searching the purses, etc. I was IWB SoB carrying my XD45C, in case of the "lift your shirt", then slid it over to right side in a stall, when I took a leak. Guy didn't even look at me...

Mike

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    I always have to wait inside of the gate holding at least two firearms while they rummage through my wife's purse.

canav844

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    Don't you guys OC to venues like this?
    It's leased by a private entity, that private entity can make rules prohibiting, thus if found you will be asked to leave, if asked to leave you must or you are trespassing; save the OC for the local city ball park where it is legal (so long as it's not school teams playing, and not on school grounds).

As the Indians don't allow legally carried weapons, they clearly don't want my money so don't expect to see me there anytime soon.

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Hmmm... I was going to excoriate all of you for willfully committing the tort of trespass, but then I looked up the relevant law...

IC 35-43-2-2(b) A person has been denied entry under subdivision (a)(1) of
    this section when the person has been denied entry by means of:
    (1) personal communication, oral or written;
    (2) posting or exhibiting a notice at the main entrance in a
    manner that is either prescribed by law or likely to come to the
    attention of the public; or
    (3) a hearing authority or court order under IC 32-30-6,
    IC 32-30-7, IC 32-30-8, IC 36-7-9, or IC 36-7-36.
    Unless there's a prominent "NO WEAPONS" sign on the MAIN entrance, nevermind all of the secondary and tertiary entrances, all the notices in general literature and on websites mean diddly... now, whether a judge would agree with that assessment is another matter entirely. IANAL

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    Hmmm... I was going to excoriate all of you for willfully committing the tort of trespass, but then I looked up the relevant law...

Unless there's a prominent "NO WEAPONS" sign on the MAIN entrance, nevermind all of the secondary and tertiary entrances, all the notices in general literature and on websites mean diddly... now, whether a judge would agree with that assessment is another matter entirely. IANAL

Nope. Unless there's a prominent "You will be committing trespass on these premises if you are carrying weapons" sign on the main entrance, you are not committing trespass, you are violating a "policy" or "rule" which hold no weight of law. "No Firearms," "No Weapons," "No purple t-shirts" signs are not a notice of trespass under the law, they are notifications that they do not want you to possess certain items. Not only can they be violated willingly, there's not one line in the IC that backs them up.

Signs must be worded specifically to inform you that you are not allowed to trespass, especially when it's a conditional trespass such as not possessing an object. They can verbally ask you to leave for any reason and if you do not, can have you trespassed.

"No Firearms" signs do not hold the weight of law and are no more than a suggestion.

Top Bottom