• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jeremiah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Avilla, IN
    First a big thank you to Kirk Freeman for showing up tonight and dropping knowledge on a room full of college kids.

Second it failed, tie vote and Lexi hiland the V.P. voted against it based on not knowing the university position, not the student body position.

Thanks to all that showed.

atalon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 6, 2012
    Indy
    I am confused... :dunno:

1. If the VP voted against because they didn't know the University position then what group was this that was voting?

2. Was the s.b 97 to limit or allow carry where ever this was? and since it failed does that mean people can, can't, or still up in the air?

Jeremiah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Avilla, IN
    I don't know who ms. Holland was representing. Sure wasn the students.

Sb 97 would allow students staff and faculty to carry. It will likely die in commitee this Friday. Please email David long of the Indiana senate,

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Sounds like Ms. Hiland has a future in politics.

I'm sorry to hear this outcome. I was hoping Purdue students were courageous enough to take a stand (no knock on you, Jeremiah, or the seeming minority who ARE taking a stand).

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Thank you for inviting me. I was happy to answer what questions I could. Wish I could have done more.

I was amazed to see the coorindation among your fellows, Jeremiah, very effective.

You had an uphill fight but had a smooth presentation and the Purude vets on overwatch. You only lose when you stop attacking, keep attacking.

http://bloximages.newyork1.vip.town...-11df-855d-00127992bc8b/5125ae8c44a9b.pdf.pdf

KW730

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    I don't know who ms. Holland was representing. Sure wasn the students.

Sb 97 would allow students staff and faculty to carry. It will likely die in commitee this Friday. Please email David long of the Indiana senate,

I just fired off another email to him. I hope everyone else can take the time to do the same.

Jeremiah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Avilla, IN
    The best part if the night was when Kirk educated the room on the rules associated with tazers, an informed them that the police have no duty to protect them, save extreme situations.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    The fact that this was even discuss and debated is an improvement from when I was a student there.*

* Full disclosure I was a member of the liberal playground known as PSG.

Top Bottom