• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2009
    OHIO
    Government facility, no go.

Here in Ohio, they're run by independant contrcators and the employees are not paid by the government, but iirc most of them have gun buster signs which is a big no no here

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    CC or OC, the DMV is not off limits for carry.

Heck when I went in there with my daughter to get her a 'learners' permit for driving they asked me for my ID so I could vouch for her identity, I handed the lady my little pink card, the DMV website clearly states that a LTCH is a legal form of ID for their purposes :yesway:

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    the lines arent bad at the BMV like they use to be before mitch daniels took office, so no one at the BMV worries about someone going postal anymore, lol

you gotta love the people that come on here and say "thats not a good idea"

i bet its not a good idea that those people even have a gun in the first place.

bigsteve

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 28, 2011
    I went to take emmisons oc'ing and had no problems. Not even a look when I was in the waiting Booth with four other people. So you shouldn't have any problems.

MinuteMan47

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    IN
    If you are an Indiana resident you can NOT carry at the DMV! Unless there is reciprocity in that state and that state allows it.

In Indiana, however, you CAN carry at the BMV. ;)

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Had to fix the title on my Jeep a while back at the Brownsburg BMV. Said hello to the off-duty deputy working security on the way in, and did my business. He watched me the whole 10 minutes I was there (that is one efficient branch), but that IS his job. Said "have a nice day" on my way out. No issues.

Remember, though, that towns can still have their own ordinances (for now). If your BMV is in a town/city building, it may be covered under their ordinance. Brownsburg is in a strip mall.

Top Bottom