• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Have you been asked if you are carrying at a traffic stop.

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn
    I'd like to know :
    Has a LEO ever asked you if you were carrying at a traffic stop.

Nope, not yet.

I've only been stopped a couple of times in the last few years & I was carrying during one & wasn't during the other. He didn't ask, I didn't tell & we were both just as safe as we could have been. He even gave me a ticket & I was able to control my temper enough to not jump out of the car screaming, grabbing my gun & killing him in his tracks. Go figure.

:D

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    talked my way out of a couple speeding tix. LEOs never brought it up and I never felt the need to inform them. My guess based on the experience I've had with the officers who have pulled me over is that it would've been a non-issue for them. Each LEO was very cool and after asking for license/registration they each let me tell my story. As cool as they were, I highly doubt they would've harassed me if they knew I had a strap.

mopar70

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011
    North Vernon
    I've never been asked, and did not feel any reason to tell them. If I was asked, I'd tell them. Or if they asked me to exit my car I'd most likley tell them first

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    385   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    Never Asked..

Been stopped several times-minor speeding-seat belt-etc. Have not been asked. I keep my Pink LTCH in the back of my wallet-not with my DL. Also do not have my Life NRA,INGO,FireArmsTalk Forum, or any other stickers on my vehicles. I like all of those organizations, just don't want all-(Cops+Thief's) to know there "May" be a firearm in said vehicle.:facepalm:

Top Bottom