• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • yosemitesam

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2014
    indianapolis, IN (W
    I never thought he was going to hurt anyone. But that's because I know better . The other people in the store didn't and that's why they ran. That's also why I said what I did. Just to make a point that in the future if he didn't want that to happen he should just consider it

LANShark42

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Evansville
    No one said you're not welcome here.
    But if you're going to hang here, you do need thick skin.
    ^^This
    The only thing we all have in common here is either the use of/ownership of/love of guns. Anything (and everything) else will be subject of debate. And don't think that on our one common denominator, we will all unilaterally agree on what to carry, when to carry, where to carry, how to carry or why to carry. I certainly don't agree with everyone here. Some are crazy, and some are just plain nucking futz. If you stay (and I'm NOT asking you to stay - few here are likely to do that) you will learn who is reasonable (by your standards) and who is not. When you run across a user whose posts you just can't stomach, you have the ability to put them on your "ignore list" so you won't readily see their posts.

All in all, it's a worthwhile place to be a member and contribute to. I've learned an incredible amount here. But IF you stay, lay off the name calling. As someone has already said, this place loves a good dog-pile, especially when someone gets butt-hurt.

yosemitesam

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2014
    indianapolis, IN (W
    I'm not seeking for people to agree or disagree with me here. We all can think for ourselves. I was just making an observation that sometimes just looking like this is enough to make people uneasy. Disagree....fine.... Agree fine I just feel like WE should not fight the way the left does. If we disagree usually it's just "here's why I disagree..." I've seriously never seen pro gun people argue this way

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I'm not seeking for people to agree or disagree with me here. We all can think for ourselves. I was just making an observation that sometimes just looking like this is enough to make people uneasy. Disagree....fine.... Agree fine I just feel like WE should not fight the way the left does. If we disagree usually it's just "here's why I disagree..." I've seriously never seen pro gun people argue this way

And some would argue that the left would make someone do things their way, or else.
    But the people who disagreed with you didn't all say that.
    The argument seemed to be (in many cases), "Well, I would/wouldn't carry that way. But to each his own."
    The way you described a situation was, carry this way or else.

Do you see a difference?

yosemitesam

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2014
    indianapolis, IN (W
    I'm ok with crazy....just be the safe kind of crazy. When I was in the Army I had a commander tell me once "every time you go in public with your uniform on you represent the entire army and all that it stands for." Open carry is the same way to me. It doesn't take more than a few clowns to do stupid things to put pressure on law makers to make open carry illegal.

LANShark42

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Evansville
    Well WELCOME TO INGO!! This thread is a fair representation of how this forum works. That is EXACTLY what the group has done for you. I think it's fair to say that the consensus is that we disagree with what you did because NO ONE wants to be told what to do, how to carry, what to wear, etc. No matter how good your intentions, regardless of your motives.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood
    I'm ok with crazy....just be the safe kind of crazy. When I was in the Army I had a commander tell me once "every time you go in public with your uniform on you represent the entire army and all that it stands for." Open carry is the same way to me. It doesn't take more than a few clowns to do stupid things to put pressure on law makers to make open carry illegal.
    The guy in question wasn't doing anything stupid. He was just shopping with his wife.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

Except when you were in the army, you were part of a unit.
    As an armed citizen, I'm not.
    And as for "taking" the right away, well we could discuss whether the Constitution "gives" us rights. Or instead you could look to Connecticut or California.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    002-4.jpg

yosemitesam

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2014
    indianapolis, IN (W
    As armed citizens we are not a unit but does that mean we should have a complete disregard for everything that is open carry just because it's legal? Just because open carry is legal we should not speak our mind when we feel that someone in the open carry community is maybe doing something that makes us all look like turds? I feel that making a suggestion for consideration is a far cry from asking or demanding that he cover up. But again just my opinion

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood
    As armed citizens we are not a unit but does that mean we should have a complete disregard for everything that is open carry just because it's legal? Just because open carry is legal we should not speak our mind when we feel that someone in the open carry community is maybe doing something that makes us all look like turds? I feel that making a suggestion for consideration is a far cry from asking or demanding that he cover up. But again just my opinion
    How did he make all OCers look like turds? By the way he dressed?

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Wasn't really talking about him just people in general

You can use it to support your argument in one breath and then deny its relevance in the next when called on it. It just doesn't work that way.

From a different thread, but I believe it fits perfectly here:

I have been known to issue temporary ignores to people if it becomes clear they've abandoned logic and reason in a debate. No need to raise blood pressure by continuing.

Chez out!!

Top Bottom