Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Another fun match!

For funsies I decided to draw and use my second gun for the whole match. It was weird because when I draw that gun, it's usually because the one directly forward of it on my belt isn't there because I've already used it until it stopped shooting. I also fouled my draw with my shirt 7 of 7 times.

On the bright side, I shot a couple of really good 3-shot groups at 18 yards on stages 6 and 7. I was happy with that.

PEDANTRY ALERT! PEDANTRY ALERT!

What we did tonight technically wasn't a Mozambique. The textbook version of the Mozambique Drill requires an assessment after the two shots to the upper center chest before deciding to shoot the head shot. The reason for that is based on the real life incident that inspired the drill (two shots were fired to the body, the guy realized it wasn't working, and then fired the head shot). When you shoot two to the body and one to the head automatically with no assessment between, it's called a "Failure Drill."
    Is Rhino:
    A, Mozambique Drill purest

Or B, CDO (that's OCD with the letters in alphabetical order.)

Maybe C, all of the above!

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    It''s worth the price of admission to see the new stages every match. I don't know how you come up with all the great ideas. Looking forward to the 12th.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member, [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    “Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public”

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]Aron Bright[/FONT]

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    I have the stages designed for the Feb Match, but have yet to do the stages for Feb 26. Looking for feedback from those who have shot one of the matches.

Give me some feedback:

Stepping into the box to simulate moving off the line of force?

"Battlefield" pick up?

T-shirt covered targets?

What do you like and what do you not like?

Mattroth54

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 23, 2013
    Although I have nothing to compare, each stage challenged me very differently. Way more valuable than firing away from a stall. . Nothing negative to report other than my multiple errors and a few misses. I dug into the scoring today and was shocked how much a few penalties and misses set me back! Can’t wait to try again.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I have the stages designed for the Feb Match, but have yet to do the stages for Feb 26. Looking for feedback from those who have shot one of the matches.

Give me some feedback:

"Battlefield" pick up?

T-shirt covered targets?

PM sent (to preserve surprises!)

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon

Give me some feedback:

"Battlefield" pick up?

T-shirt covered targets?

It was challenging and provided different challenges. I'd say keep doing what you're doing. The barrels were great, reloading and moving to the other side on the "failure drill" (not a true Mozambique Drill, right Rhino?) was awesome. Re-load and shoot with weak hand? That is something that we need to train on. Keep the battlefield pick up! Just don't put a gun in the gun vault I will want to buy (H&K VP9, very nice!) A S&W Model 29 may not be the best choice, but maybe a 686 or even a Blackhawk with .38 Special. Maybe an Uzi?? :ar15:

PhxCollier

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2017
    Indiana
    I wonder if would be possible to include decision making into a stage. What I am thinking is a stage like far left side side where on start, you enter the stage and put two rounds each into the appropriate targets. But prior to shooting the stage, you don’t see where the bg targets are.

Last edited:

nad63

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Keep the T shirts in. Bad guys don't go round with hit zones nicely outlined on their bodies. Liked the movement and barrels too.
    Looking forward to whatever you put together for tonight. Keep up the good work.

E7Wrangler

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2016
    Central
    Thought/question on the t-shirts. Would be interested to see the results of plan t-shirts vs t-shirts with an off center logo/graphic that draws the eye. Would the shot tend to end up in the graphic rather than center mass.

Signed up for Feb 26 shoot and looking forward to this.

Top Bottom