• ...and so much more!
  • schafe

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Monroe Co.
    Anyone else?
    You might take a look at the Galco line of carry purses. My wife carries a Taurus 24/7 c, (which is very close in size,to the XDsc.) in one of those, and it is lifetime warranted,and quality stuff. I did upgrade it for her with an Ohai holster, from Crossbreed holsters, to replace the included one, just to add some extra stability,.....Oh yeah, show it to her first....the ladies seem to be quite picky about their purse styles.

Last edited:

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I carry a Taurus .38 titanium in my purse 24/7 (excepting when I'm not allowed to). I keep it holstered in a generic soft-side with a strap to keep the hammer protected. That get-up is placed in a dedicated zippered pocket in my purse. Said pocket is accessed from the outside of the purse so there's no digging through the purse's other contents to find the zipper pull for the compartment. I specifically chose the purse for that reason. I've always purse-carried and have found little use for the dedicated concealment purses. The concealment compartment is never it's own space; it's always fundamentally a part of the purse's main compartment, just simply partitioned off with a bit of fabric. The end result is that with the firearm in the concealment compartment, the purse's main compartment is already half-full. (And I've never really been a fan of the limited styles. Coronado Leather has about the best variety for styles I've seen IMO. Might wanna look there too. FWIW, the carry purse I purchased from them lasted forever. I actually got tired of carrying it after 3 years and wanted some change, but it had plenty of life left.)

One point to note: dedicated concealment purses are superior to other store-bought purses in one area: they are built to withstand the wear and tear a loaded firearm puts on the purse straps. If you're not carrying a lightweight model, that's a significant amount of wear and tear.

(I know that may have been more than you were looking for, but I've purse-carried for 10+ years now and I think I've tried just about everything there is to try....much to my husband's chagrin :D)

On the body I carry OWB: a 1911 in Galco-style leather or a Glock (full size) in a Blackhawk Serpa on the belt (paddle models are also available).

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    My wife carries her Bersa Thunder .380 in a DeSantis Thumb Break Scabbard, and loves it bunches.

She's worn my XD around a bit in my Raven holster, and also gives it VERY high marks for comfort and speed on a woman's body.

She's got a Fobus paddle holster for her gun, and absolutely detests it.

For purse carry (when she absolutely, positively has to) I bought her a very nice and fairly pricey leather holster purse at a 1500 a while back. No brand name, sorry :( She rarely uses it, but when she's all tarted up in a dress it makes the difference between having a gun, and not.

A pic of her with her DeSantis:

DesantisThumbreakScabbardforBersaThunder380001.jpg

DesantisThumbreakScabbardforBersaThunder380003.jpg

DesantisThumbreakScabbardforBersaThunder380002.jpg

Jay

Gotta watch us old guys.....cause if you don't....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    Have her check here.... Cornered Cat ... if you buy it, without her trying it out/on, you'll be rolling the dice. You might compare it to buying her a new pair of shoes.... it's safer if she does it.

Just my two cents

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    I carry a Kimber Ultra Carry II in a Texas Strong Side OWB holster.
    I never endorse purse carry (for lots of reasons), but to each their own.

Pic of carry method here.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I never endorse purse carry (for lots of reasons), but to each their own.

Purse carry can mean the difference between carrying or not. I know you don't like it, but I think the arguments against it are more hypothetical and less realistic.

Not to mention that I've never read a story about a woman who tried to access her purse-carried firearm and failed. But I've read plenty about women who have successfully used it to thwart a bad guy's intentions. There isn't an aspect about purse carry that can't be mitigated with proper mindset and behavior. Situational awareness will trump the need to draw speedily because of being caught off-guard 99% of the time.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Not to mention that I've never read a story about a woman who tried to access her purse-carried firearm and failed.
    There are also stories of purses being forgotten...with a gun inside.
    Or being dropped ...and the gun inside fires.
    Personally, no thanks. But then again, that's why I said "To each their OWN."

Purse carry can mean the difference between carrying or not.
    And that's exactly why I said, "to each their own." if you recall...

SerasVictoria

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    I don't know that I personally would ever be comfortable carrying only in a purse. I think it would get in my way far too often. I have preferred to carry in an inner pants holster or in a cross draw. It just feels more comfortable for me personally. I also like thigh holsters, but those are iffy for some of the ladies.

WhoDaThunk?RN

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2011
    Franklin township
    I am new to CCW, I carry on the job so I prefer to conceal. For me the best way to carry is appendix carry IWB. I do a lot of stooping/squating etc and there are often people at my back and I just wouldn't feel comfortable with my weapon on my hip/back. I have enough cargo to lug for work so a purse is just another thing to try to carry so I don't. Also I prefer to not draw any undue attention to myself, out after dark, alone...

Top Bottom