• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rocket

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Whiteland
    I was at the 1500 last year when a dealer brought out his personal EDC and proceeded to shoot thru the meat of his own hand and thru the roof. Fortunately I was at the other end of the building. The entire show stopped moving for a few moments, till the medics went running by. It was a collective momentary pucker!

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Hope thats ment in jest!:p:bowdown:

thinking.gif
    I'm thinkin'...I'm thinkin'...

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I was at the 1500 last year when a dealer brought out his personal EDC and proceeded to shoot thru the meat of his own hand and thru the roof. Fortunately I was at the other end of the building. The entire show stopped moving for a few moments, till the medics went running by. It was a collective momentary pucker!

Kirk Freemen will attest, they all go bang when they want to.

bigtex

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2012
    Fort Worth, TX
    I cc everywhere I go, gun shows are no exceptions. I keep it concealed at all times and never touch it.

Isn't is a violation to "carry" when legal and proper signage is posted against same? (I'm in TX and it is here. Any business can legally prohibit concealed handguns if they properly post the proper notice signage. As a law abiding citizen, I will honor the legal signage, even when I don't want to. Or I may take my business elsewhere.)

Thanks in advance for informing me about IN law.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Isn't is a violation to "carry" when legal and proper signage is posted against same? (I'm in TX and it is here. Any business can legally prohibit concealed handguns if they properly post the proper notice signage. As a law abiding citizen, I will honor the legal signage, even when I don't want to. Or I may take my business elsewhere.)

Before someone else chimes in about "firearm signs having no weight in Indiana," the law in Texas, I believe, specifies "anti-gun" signage that one must post before it has legal weight. Indiana has no such law. The vast majority, and all the "no gun" signs I have ever seen, in Indiana, don't technically prohibit firearms, at least enough to have a legal penalty associated with. However, a specifically worded sign, can be a denial to entry, if someone took the effort to make one.

gunguy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    Fort Wayne

The signs at the gun shows here do not say "no concealed guns" or " no guns". They simply state " no loaded firearms" I believe that all accidental discharges at many gun shows were accidents caused by a loaded gun at the show, not an unloaded gun. I am also sure the the person that discharged the firearm did not plan on doing it when he /or she entered the show with the loaded firearm. There are many comments on the subject and many opinions including the ones that consider themselves above the rules and that they could not possibly have an accidental discharge. Lets all hope that they are correct and if they are not, we are not in the show at the time it happens.

neeltburn

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2012

As far as law goes the owner or facility could ask you to leave, then if you don't it would be trespassing. Then you could be arrested and or banned from the property.

gunguy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I would be very surprised if majority (or any) of the vendors, are armed....yes, there probably are a few, but if they get caught by the promoter they are done and permanently banned from doing any more shows without discussion. Here in the last year or so, Dan Masters (Indy 1500 promoter) always makes his speech before the show opens to the public about vendors not being allowed to be armed. All firearms are to be unloaded and this applies to the vendors personal firearms. Every promoter that I know has this policy, not just the Indy 1500. :twocents:
    I would agree with you. Most vendors want the shows to continue. Any person in business has to have insurance and insurance companies want to sell policies with limited liability. If you would just give it a little thought, the venues, Fairgrounds, Armories, Coliseums, etc require insurance coverage before they will rent the buildings to the promoter. They also require no loaded firearms. The insurance companies require no loaded firearms. If there are a number of accidental discharges, the result is either no insurance, or no affordable insurance. No insurance equals no building rental. No building equals no gun shows. Works just like Nobama would love to have it, no gun shows. It is like the old adage, " You can do anything that you want to do as long as you are willing to put up with the consequences of your action". The only thing is accidental discharges in gun shows may affect all of us. It is probable that the promoters or the sponsors of the shows would just prefer that you keep you 5 dollars and stay home rather than have you exercise your 2nd amendment right and lose the ability to continue putting on shows for the people that enjoy going to them. Just sayin' :)

JC PAINT WORKZ

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2009
    Indianapolis
    The store or movie theater doesn't have hundreds of people with firearms that are out of their holsters or being pointed/waved around. I would never go to a gun show if loaded weapons were allowed. Enough morons shoot themselves and others in the parking lot.

And while we're on the subject of a gun show's mandatory rules, I'd like to nominate deodorant as a requirement.

AMEN!! At least carry a can of axe in that big ass fully stuffed backpack they seem to HAVE to carry knocking me out every time I pass them lol. Not knocking people who carry packs, just the ones who dont remember they have it on and knock the **** out of me lol

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    The hypocrisy, in here is hilarious. "I get mad if a [insert venue] doesn't allow me to carry as I please...... unless it's at a gun show, then it's alright." Kudos to the guys that stand by their belief, and don't "flip-flop" simply because they like the vendor.

Either don't complain about other businesses and their requests, or complain when you're required to emasculate yourself at a firearm-related event.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    The hypocrisy, in here is hilarious. "I get mad if a [insert venue] doesn't allow me to carry as I please...... unless it's at a gun show, then it's alright." Kudos to the guys that stand by their belief, and don't "flip-flop" simply because they like the vendor.

Either don't complain about other businesses and their requests, or complain when you're required to emasculate yourself at a firearm-related event.

You can't hide from the fact that a gun show is a venue where many, many guns are coonfingered. Add to that the desire of Bubba to show off his slick 1911 he just got engraved (with the text "Panty Remover") and then snuck into the show, loaded, and probability for ND increases dramatically. JoeBob assumes Bubba gave him unloaded gun to play with, because, hey, no loaded guns allowed, right?

Now, if we go to dinner at Crapplebees and you start coonfingerin' your gun, expect to get *****slapped.

Plus, if a rogue baddy if retarded enough to make a move that requires he be stopped with deadly force (i.e. SD shooting) What makes you think Bubba is the right guy to make the shot in that crowded venue? No, of course not, but you're so much more prepared than Bubba... :n00b:

EDIT: This the same Barbara Streisand reasoning that people use when test'ing while driving. "I can do it because I'm safer than everyone else" or "I can do it because this is Faceborg and not TXT msgs". The fact is, these rules are put into place because of common sense safety and not some liberal conspiracy to get all of us gun owners herded into a build like defenseless sheep.

Last edited:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    You can't hide from the fact that a gun show is a venue where many, many guns are coonfingered. Add to that the desire of Bubba to show off his slick 1911 he just got engraved (with the text "Panty Remover") and then snuck into the show, loaded, and probability for ND increases dramatically. JoeBob assumes Bubba gave him unloaded gun to play with, because, hey, no loaded guns allowed, right?

Now, if we go to dinner at Crapplebees and you start coonfingerin' your gun, expect to get *****slapped.

Plus, if a rogue baddy if retarded enough to make a move that requires he be stopped with deadly force (i.e. SD shooting) What makes you think Bubba is the right guy to make the shot in that crowded venue? No, of course not, but you're so much more prepared than Bubba... :n00b:

EDIT: This the same Barbara Streisand reasoning that people use when test'ing while driving. "I can do it because I'm safer than everyone else" or "I can do it because this is Faceborg and not TXT msgs". The fact is, these rules are put into place because of common sense safety and not some liberal conspiracy to get all of us gun owners herded into a build like defenseless sheep.

I agree, many guns are handles at shows. And if youre going to a show to try out holsters or check out other wares, those items should be monitored, however, if a person is carrying their personal protection piece, CC or OC, with no intention of unholstering it, why should they have to be disadvantaged?

Top Bottom