• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • n9iui

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I'm so proud of my work place although it has its problems. My main beef is that I am on-call 365 days a year, 24 hours a day. I travel the whole state and then some as part of my job. It's a real drag.
    Company policy had been that weapons were not allowed on company property or in company vehicles (which I do drive). It wasn't really enforced on me since the owner and my immediate boss/COO both carry. I just kept quiet about it and cc'd.
    So at lunch today my boss told us that the rules have changed. We are now allowed to carry our legal firearms while at work, with proper handgun license, etc!
    With all the things going on they recognize the need of protecting ourselves.
    Now if only our government would come to a similar conclusion.

ratames

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2012
    I'm so proud of my work place although it has its problems. My main beef is that I am on-call 365 days a year, 24 hours a day. I travel the whole state and then some as part of my job. It's a real drag.
    Company policy had been that weapons were not allowed on company property or in company vehicles (which I do drive). It wasn't really enforced on me since the owner and my immediate boss/COO both carry. I just kept quiet about it and cc'd.
    So at lunch today my boss told us that the rules have changed. We are now allowed to carry our legal firearms while at work, with proper handgun license, etc!

I am so jealous. I work in an area of town where I don't always feel safe walking out to my car after hours. All weapons are Verbotten by senior leadership and you will be terminated if found carryin on company property.

jaeisber

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 1, 2013
    Westfield
    Nice...wish I could do that...no weapons allowed on the premise (even in the parking lot). Otherwise, immediate termination and possible arrest.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    Nice...wish I could do that...no weapons allowed on the premise (even in the parking lot). Otherwise, immediate termination and possible arrest.

Only if you work in one of the few prohibited places. The law changed awhile ago, you can not be fired for having it in your vehicle. Your vehicle is your property, there is nothing they can arrest you for.

Ben Nelson

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2011
    Corner of Walk & Dont Walk

Eating my heart out here . . . My employer is a nonprofit run by a card-carrying leftist Obama fanboy.

HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    we also have a no carry policy on our company property and vehicles. i dont see it being overturned like, ever, as i work for a corporation, but i stopped driving a company vehicle several months back and choose to use my own.

jaeisber

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 1, 2013
    Westfield
    Only if you work in one of the few prohibited places. The law changed awhile ago, you can not be fired for having it in your vehicle. Your vehicle is your property, there is nothing they can arrest you for.

I can...I work in a government facility and the parking lot is government property. It can be considered a threat to the building and employees if a gun is brought on property.

ashby koss

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Connersville
    I can...I work in a government facility and the parking lot is government property. It can be considered a threat to the building and employees if a gun is brought on property.

I LOVE This kind of mentality. Since we all know that had the twin towers had a "No Planes Allowed" sign then the terrorists would have turned away (granted a handgun would not have helped anyhow). We also know that EVERY criminal checks all applicable laws.

This really falls into the " we are safe because we say so" idea.

As for metal detectors.. I like to think back to 1999 when Matrix came out...

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I carry at work, it's officially against company policy, but they seem to know it goes on, and don't push the issue. If they ever do push it, I will continue to carry as I have ever since they hired me.....come to think of it, I was carrying when they hired me.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles

I want to work where YOU, work ..... :bowdown:

Top Bottom