• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • What do you do when your pull over while carrying?

• Total voters

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    I haven't been pulled over in 10 years. But if I do I will not inform unless asked. I would say yes my gun is in my locked gun vault which is secured to my passenger side floorboard. I unholster and lock it when driving to prevent unauthorized access to my gun in case I am in a accident and knocked unconscious. I would show my LTCH if asked but will not consent to search or open the gun vault.

If you need your gun, it's gonna take a while for you to take the keys from the ignition & open your vault to get your gun:(

Coaster

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 24, 2011
    Brownsburg
    I have only had this happen once but, since it was late at night on a very dark county road, I informed the officer that I did have a gun in the vehicle. He responded that he suspected that when he saw that pink piece of paper behind my license. The only question he asked was where the gun was. No ticket - no hassle. From reading posts I understand that this is not always the result of providing this information.

Compatriot G

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2010
    New Castle
    One thing I have learned over the years is to keep the pink piece of paper in a different spot other than directly behind your driver's license. Since I am a ham radio operator, I keep my FCC license directly behind my driver's license. My LTCH is further back under a couple of other things I carry in my wallet.

Sgt Rock

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    Avon, IN
    I believe in "Don't ask, don't tell". If he doesn't ask, I don't tell. I'm legal and one of the good guys but several of us, "The City Market Six", learned the hard way about that issue.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I've seen enough of what my fellow INGOers have been put through by "bad apples" in gun control enforcement. I'll lie right to their face if they ask me invasive questions.

Top Bottom