• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • What do you do when your pull over while carrying?

• Total voters

09hemi

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 75%
    6   2   0
    Nov 15, 2010
    West Side of Indy
    Ok Ive read ones of thread on what you do whether u tell the offer you're carrying or only tell him/her if your ask but I wanted to see all these opinions in a poll:

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    Ok Ive read ones of thread on what you do whether u tell the offer you're carrying or only tell him/her if your ask but I wanted to see all these opinions in a poll:

I used to tell them, but I'm tired of having them check my serial numbers & removing the bullets out of the mag:xmad:

MPD179

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Northwest Indiana
    I'm for informing if your asked. Of course, if you are going to be reaching in areas where your firearm is located, (glove box, wallet, etc) it's always a good idea to let the Officer know.

OiRadio47

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Mishawaka
    If im clearly going to get a ticket, then no. No reason to deal with extra hasle. If i think i can talk my way out of it, i will mention it. It has worked for me so far.

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    I was stopped in Missouri once because I didn't have a helmet on. I didn't know MO was a helmet State. I was enroute to a highpower match in Colorado.

Anyway, while we were talking, the Trooper was leaning against the AR15 match rifle in a black nylon case strapped to the back of my Harley under my competition gear. He didn't even realize it, outwardly at least. He never asked about it, so I didn't mention it either.

Verbal warning later, I was on my way....

Don't act like a boob and you will be treated right.

I have stood on both sides of the badge.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    None of the above.

I won't tell an officer right away.

I won't tell them if they ask.

It doesn't depend on my mood.

"Why am I being detained?" :dunno:

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I'm going to tell them right away. Why? I'm curious to see how that particular officer is going to handle a law abiding citizen. Just because I tell them doesn't mean I'll be giving up my rights. Everything will be recorded...

Squirrel Dog

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Have your permit ready and tell them right off a weapon is in the vehicle and most will never even want to see your gun. Not telling and one is discovered then I don't blame them for checking closer.

Mr. Habib

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Somewhere else
    I vote none of the above.
    "Officer, I do not choose to answer that question or consent to a search of my person or vehicle without legal counsel present. Am I being detained?" Repeat as necessary.

Terry4570

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    N.A. IN.
    I have read about this here and other forums the part that bugs me is i didn't get a permit to be lumped in with the B.G.,and i know not all offices do that.But if you tell them before or after you are ask, you should not be treated any differently!And just how many officers have been shot or hurt in any way by a person with a permit,i have not heard or read about it and we know that would be big news.And to take you gun to check it out and unload it is not safe at all.:dunno:

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    Have your permit ready and tell them right off a weapon is in the vehicle and most will never even want to see your gun. Not telling and one is discovered then I don't blame them for checking closer.

Every time I have informed that wanted to see my gun, 75% of the time they ran the numbers for theft, since I no longer inform they have never asked about guns.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I just hand them my drivers license, insurance, LTCH & registration. The officer usually asks if I have a gun in the vehicle. End of conversation. Never had an officer ask to see the gun.

djones

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Greenfield
    I always tell them...

The two times I have been pulled over I tell them right away. I keep my hands on the wheel and let them know that I will have to reach across the firearm to get my licence, CC permit and registration. I make sure that they are ok with it. I never got a ticket or anything either time. They said that they really appreciated the way I handled everything and to have a great day. I was not hassled and they never wanted to see the gun.

David

semperfi211

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Near Lowell
    I haven't been pulled over in 10 years. But if I do I will not inform unless asked. I would say yes my gun is in my locked gun vault which is secured to my passenger side floorboard. I unholster and lock it when driving to prevent unauthorized access to my gun in case I am in a accident and knocked unconscious. I would show my LTCH if asked but will not consent to search or open the gun vault.

foxxie02

Marksman
    Rating - 97.2%
    35   1   0
    May 23, 2008
    have some fun with it

I just like to scream "I have a Gun" and see what comes from it.... can be fun!! :) hint of purple

Top Bottom