• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • XDS45

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2014
    Indiana
    I may be starting a new job soon and have a few questions. I will be working at a gas station overnights.If the person who hires me doesn't mention a no firearm policy and I am not given an employee handbook stating no weapons/firearms,can I be fired for having one on me while at work as long as it is concealed?
    If after being hired and they find out I do carry,can they let me go for that reason? I have a rather small handgun so it won't be very easy to see my handgun. I have considered asking what the policy is,but feel that if I am not told then I should not ask and just carry it with me. We all know how dangerous these types of jobs are.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    You can be fired for parting your hair wrong in Indiana...

If you don't feel safe at that job without the gun, carry it. If they fire you for it, that's fine since you wouldn't work it without a gun anyway.

XDS45

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2014
    Indiana
    Just keep your mouth shut, most convenience stores typically, no firearms allowed and obey any bad guys instructions in case of robbery.

And this is why so many get robbed for. Easy target. If I do get the job I will have it on me. I use an IWB as well so really hard to see I have anything tucked away.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I may be starting a new job soon and have a few questions. I will be working at a gas station overnights.If the person who hires me doesn't mention a no firearm policy and I am not given an employee handbook stating no weapons/firearms,can I be fired for having one on me while at work as long as it is concealed?
    If after being hired and they find out I do carry,can they let me go for that reason? I have a rather small handgun so it won't be very easy to see my handgun. I have considered asking what the policy is,but feel that if I am not told then I should not ask and just carry it with me. We all know how dangerous these types of jobs are.

Much like anything else - It's always against policy, but you aren't liable. If the company finds out, they'd likely fire you.

Granted, there are some companies around that don't mind their employees carrying on the job. Try to find one of those, if you can.

Top Bottom