• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dewidmt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    South of the Muscatatuck
    I own a G21, G20 and also a G30S. For colder months, I prefer the larger calibers. I have a G-Code synthetic paddle that handles both the G21/20 for use with a longer coat. If I am wearing a shorter jacket, the G30S in a kydex rig works well. Buy a decent, stiff belt and the weight of these guns isn't a problem, I use one from the Beltman, double thickness leather with a kydex stiffener sewn into it.
    In the summer, I normally carry some type of 9mm. All these carries are OWB.

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    A Vanderburgh County deputy sheriff came into my LGS last night and we had a good discussion about caliber. They recently went from the Glock in .45 GAP to G17s (9mm.) He and 3 other officers were tasked with researching the subject. They came to the conclusion that any major caliber (.45, .40, 9mm) would do the job "as long as quality ammo is used." They decided on and now carry Federal HST (I think he said 124gr but he could have said 147gr.) He said practice scores have gone way up and cost of training has dropped by 70% because of the cost of ammo. I had read that the FBI is now rethinking and allowing agents to qualify with the 9s again because of the huge improvement of 9mm bullets. Although I love my G21 with .230 gr Gold Dots after hearing all the above I'm tempted to pack my G19 with 124gr+P Gold Dots when I want to travel "light." I believe the NYPD carries that load and reports excellent stops.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    :dunno: as I regularly carry 'larger than full size' handguns, and rarely carry IWB. If I can carry those, anyone can carry virtually any handgun if they simply give some thought to it.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    People carry full size 1911's, why not a G21? The guns are relatively the same size.
    The G21 has a little more girth, but that's about it.
    Valid point, but 1911s are much thinner than a large Glock.

At this point, I think I'm going to go ahead and invest in a quality holster for my G20 before I undertake the hassle of switching platforms. I much prefer OWB to IWB, so thickness isn't that big a deal. Really, I just want something that will ride high enough to stay out of my way in the car and tight enough to not be flopping around.

I think that a Milt Sparks, Raven Phantom, or Kramer might be in my future.

Any idea how long the wait is for a Sparks?

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Valid point, but 1911s are much thinner than a large Glock.

At this point, I think I'm going to go ahead and invest in a quality holster for my G20 before I undertake the hassle of switching platforms. I much prefer OWB to IWB, so thickness isn't that big a deal. Really, I just want something that will ride high enough to stay out of my way in the car and tight enough to not be flopping around.

I think that a Milt Sparks, Raven Phantom, or Kramer might be in my future.

Any idea how long the wait is for a Sparks?
    Here's another holster company. I don't have one of these but i'm considering it. You can get it in a low ride or high ride version. The lead time is a little bit salty.

JM Custom Kydex OWB Holster

6mm Shoot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2012
    I use a Dragon leather works holster to carry my Glock 36. It is the best holster that I have used. It holds the gun high and tight to the body. The holster I got is for out side the waste band. With a coat or over sized jacket it will not print. I have used it for around 3 years and I have no complaints.

I also have a Glock 21, I have a light on mine. The holster I have for it is a Safariland that is big and supports the gun well with a light. The problem with it is it don't hold it close to the body. This holster will not conceal it. Dragon leather makes a holster that they call the Fugly. It's a IWB holster and it works. A friend of mine has one and he loves it. I would get one for my 21 but I don't carry it with out the light. So the holster I have works fine. I just don't try to hide it. I only carry it around the property at night to answer strange sounds anyway. Well I also use at the range.

Cheysdaddy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2015
    Lafayaette
    I carried a G21 for a lil while and for me it was just the size and weight of the gun. I ended up carrying OWB when i did carry. As soon as I got another pistol I stopped carrying the G21

Cheysdaddy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2015
    Lafayaette
    I did carry a G23 for awhile and it was quite abit better but ended up swapping it out for a Walther PPS in .40 and the G23 became my permanent vehicle weapon. Now I carry a Shield in .40 and absolutely love it

wizardfitz

Expert
    Rating - 95.8%
    23   1   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    franklin,in
    I carry the glock 21 in an aliengear holster. It does conceal under a shirt 1 size larger. What I like about aliengear is you can buy different shells for about $12 . i agree with the Daltech belt.

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    I can go from the 42 to the FS without any issues.
    See, right now I've been carrying the 42 all day long at work
    but I can come home, take off the 42, put on the 22C...
    and it's a comfortable, seamless segue thanks to a good holster/belt combo.

Top Bottom