• ...and so much more!
  • JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    With a proper holster it is entirely safe!

But a good holster is a MUST.

Ask this guy if he agrees:
    Irresponsible Gun Owner of the Day: Police Chief David Counceller | The Truth About Guns

I'm not saying it wasn't his fault, but a striker fired pistol with a thumb safety does increase the risk of ND.

Honestly, Indy Guy, I wouldn't expect you to use the phrase "entirely safe". Perhaps you should rephrase that to be, "safe enough for most of us, including many LEO's."

EDIT: didn't realize this thread was pretty old. If you're going to necropost, at least add something worthwhile, Sheepdog.
    :n00b:
    Lol, haven't seen any deals yet but am in the market for a new gun.
    After a 3 year absence, you make 30+ one line posts, half of the threads were over one month dead. :xmad: (angry I got sucked into posting)

Last edited:

AlwaysVigilant

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2013
    Michigan, by way of Indianapolis
    The biggest thing relates to training...

HOLSTER RELUCTANTLY, and do it visually.

It isn't tactikewel to do so, but you should never be in a rush to stow your firearm. Scan, assess, 360, etc. If you can put it away (no threats), then looking at your holster for obstructions, using two hands, and moving slowly and deliberately is not only acceptable, but the safest method.

I carry AIWB everyday, and train that way too. You better believe I do those things when placing a hot muzzle next to Mr. Happy. OK, that sounded wrong.

Top Bottom