• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mikefraz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Lakeville
    I have my LTCH. I'll be driving down to Florida in a few weeks and am not sure of the legality of travelling with a handgun or long gun as well as carrying a handgun if possible. Does anybody know what the laws are? Or where I can find out? A quick Google search turned up nothing concrete.

427TriPowered

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    31 posts...

here you go mikefraz...

map link...

looks like avoid sc and you are good to go... and for that black blob... illinoguns... stay away from there...

Last edited:

mikefraz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Lakeville
    You'd think with almost 800 posts, I'd know better. I guess I just assumed it wasn't too popular of a discussion. Atleast I got it in the right subforum. Ha.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Good luck, I just did it, Indy to Orlando for the week, back now, no problems, kept Glock in holster and or gun safe the whole time, never a problem. Just like being at home. Man its a long drive though.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Everything you need to know is here. Handgunlaw.us

BUY THIS BOOK! It is everything you need to know on a nation scale.
    City ordinances/regulations/restrictions still need to be addressed,

The book above not only gives you information that was valid at the time of printing, it also lists a toll-free number to call to receive any revisions to state laws since the books latest printing.

It's usually available for $12-$16 depending on the vendor. I think you can even get it at Barnes and Nobles.

calcot7

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Indy N Side
    It is also the best route coming out of Gatlinburg if you are heading for the Atlantic coastline of South Florida.........JMO of course.
    Down to Florida and back, you are good as long as you don't jump over to go down I95 through SC. For some reason they don't honor our license. It sucks because that is where all of my Dad's family lives.

Ranger Rick

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 6, 2008
    In GOD'S country
    An other good book to have, Legally Armed a concealled carry gun law guide, by 2nd amendment media, published by Whitman publishing, LLC.....got mine at Books a Million. Covers all 50 states. 12 to 14 dollars.

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    Everything you need to know is here. Handgunlaw.us

+10! I wouldn't waste a dime on any published book. Laws change with almost every legislative session in many states. Before any trip I check each state through which I'll be travelling. For example, I got my Arizona non-resident license so I could carry in Nevada. Guess what! Shortly thereafter Nevada cut Arizona from their list of accepted licenses. You have to stay up-to-the-minute if you don't want to wind up sharing a cell with Bubba.

Top Bottom