• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TWS

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Ferdinand
    So i am a new born baby when it comes to reloading my own ammo. I loaded a few 45 ACP 200 gr xtp. C.o.l. in my lee die manual said a 200 gr xtp should be seated at 1.275. So i tried it and my magazine wouldnt take them very well. So i looked in my hornady reloading manual and they said they should be seated at 1.230. But for some reason my kimber wont cycle them worth a crap. They always get hung up in the reciever. And its gettin hung up on the brass up toward the bullet? I have almost 200 rnds loaded cause the first few i shot cycled fine? Can i save these? Or did i just waste my time and money?

XtremeVel

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    First, you might hit the "report post" symbol on bottom and ask a mod to move this to the ammunition and reloading section... You'd probably get more help there.

To answer your question... Yes/no.... While you might have wasted some time, all should be able to be corrected... At worse, you might have to buy a COLLET type bullet puller... Now, if you would of just loaded a handful to verify before loading that many, a hammer type puller would be fine... Again, having to pull would be last resort...

First thing I would look at would be if you took the "bell " out at the case mouth ? You do this by LIGHTLY crimping the bullet. This would be the first thing I would suspect as to why you are hanging up...

Also, it wouldn't be a bad idea to remove your barrel and making sure the loaded rounds drop freely in properly... Make sure the back of the case is flush or just below the top the the hood...

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    You might get a better response in the reloading section, but I'll give it a shot.
    Is the brass hanging up on the feed ramp?
    Are you applying any sort of crimp to the case/bullet?
    Are you using your barrel for a case gauge?
    As for the 200 rounds you have loaded, you can pull the bullets, re-size the cases, reuse the primer, bullet ,and powder.

TWS

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Ferdinand
    Thanks

I have tried a handful of them, before i resized them they were chambering fine, but he magazine was. The problem. So i reseated them further, checked the magazines, figured i solved the problems, loaded. A couple hunded to take to the range, not wanting to drive a half hour to take 10 shots, now they wont chamber. But i will figure out how to move this post. Thanks for the help.

XtremeVel

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I have tried a handful of them, before i resized them they were chambering fine, but he magazine was. The problem. So i reseated them further, checked the magazines, figured i solved the problems, loaded. A couple hunded to take to the range, not wanting to drive a half hour to take 10 shots, now they wont chamber. But i will figure out how to move this post. Thanks for the help.

You can't move the post... You can only ask a mod to move it... Just hit the white triangle outlined in red toward bottom , next to your online light and ask a mod to move it for you... If they agree it better belongs in reloading, they will move it. ;)

So, do you have a good set of calipers ? If so, go out and the most extreme edge of the case mouth and carefully take a measurement. That will tell us if you took the bell out... My guess is there is a good chance you didn't and all you need is to run em thru and crimp them...

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    I posted this in your same question in the general section--

You might get a better response in the reloading section, but I'll give it a shot.
    Is the brass hanging up on the feed ramp?
    Are you applying any sort of crimp to the case/bullet?
    Are you using your barrel for a case gauge?
    As for the 200 rounds you have loaded, you can pull the bullets, re-size the cases, reuse the primer, bullet ,and powder.

Which is about the exact thing that Xtreme said

TWS

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Ferdinand
    Thanks

Thanks for the tips! These are the first rounds i have ever tried reloading, and ive been a member here for about 2 days! I will vet the hang of it, i am trying to figure out how to move the post now. Thanks a lot.

XtremeVel

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    i am trying to figure out how to move the post now. Thanks a lot.

Created a second post in wrong area uh ? :D

See the triangle left side under your name ? It's white with a red outline... Click it then ask to have thread moved to ammunition and reloading...

I would be happy to do it for you but was fearful it'd get moved and you would think it was deleted... Best for you to learn to report and know where it went...

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Where are you located.. Possibly someone close to you can take a look at what you have and try to figure out what is going on.,

[FONT=&quot]NRA Life member [/FONT][FONT=&quot]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    Gunsite graduate Certified Glock armorer[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]1911 Mechanic[/FONT]

TWS

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Ferdinand
    Crimping

I held one next to a factory load and i have a well pronounced edge compared to the factory load, i do have a friend who is very lnowledgable, i will check with him to see if he can help me maybe run em through again. Hanks so much guys guys!

XtremeVel

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I held one next to a factory load and i have a well pronounced edge compared to the factory load, i do have a friend who is very lnowledgable, i will check with him to see if he can help me maybe run em through again. Hanks so much guys guys!

Yea, sounds like they just need a slight crimp.... If so, just run them through either your crimp die or your seating die adjusted to properly crimp... It will depend on whether you have a 3 die or 4 die set as to what die.

Don't over do it with the crimp... Remember that cartridge locates on the forward edge of the case mouth... Crimp just enough you push the mouth back into the bullet...

Top Bottom