• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bauerr3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 29, 2013
    Southside
    I finally got my Lee Classic Turret after a month and a half, got it all set up, and started with the full length sizer. I disable the auto index because I want to make sure I get each step done correctly before moving on to the next.

I put the sizing die up to the shell holder, and it touches without a casing in the holder, but there is a gap when I resize the casing. Below is a picture of a "resized" casing next to one that hasn't been touched (the resized is on the right).

2evz1ah.jpg

What am I doing wrong?

YETB

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 12, 2011
    Indy - West
    Might be too simple - but double check the caliber markings on your die? Almost looks like wrong die for the casing caliber. I got a LEE die from amazon that had the WRONG die in the package (pretty sure it was a customer return because it didnt look factory fresh).

bauerr3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 29, 2013
    Southside
    Might be too simple - but double check the caliber markings on your die? Almost looks like wrong die for the casing caliber. I got a LEE die from amazon that had the WRONG die in the package (pretty sure it was a customer return because it didnt look factory fresh).

You're absolutely right...it's a .380. All the others in the die set are 9mm, but this wasn't.

This is the third aspect of my order that has been messed up so far. Great.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    You're absolutely right...it's a .380. All the others in the die set are 9mm, but this wasn't.

This is the third aspect of my order that has been messed up so far. Great.

Where did you order from? It is OK to share the company that has messed up 3 times. Or it could be on Lee.

bauerr3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 29, 2013
    Southside
    Where did you order from? It is OK to share the company that has messed up 3 times. Or it could be on Lee.

FS reloading.

A gentleman from the company said expected delivery was 6-8 days, and it was 35. And my dies shipped separately, even though the were in stock, another week AFTER I got my press...When I did finally get my dies, the decapping pin was broken. And now it turns out that it isn't even the right caliber.

padawan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    N/A
    Just a fyi... There is a Lee dealer west of Lafayette that sells on ebay. You can usually see it to-your-door in 1 or 2 days if in stock.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    FS reloading.

A gentleman from the company said expected delivery was 6-8 days, and it was 35. And my dies shipped separately, even though the were in stock, another week AFTER I got my press...When I did finally get my dies, the decapping pin was broken. And now it turns out that it isn't even the right caliber.

Google review shows them at 3 1/2 Stars, but some people gave them 5 Star even when they stated the company shipped the wrong dies.

Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    FS reloading.

Absolutely Wow. I would ask for my money back and be done. How much did they cost, if I may ask?

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    FS reloading.

I bought service parts through Titan reloading and was very happy. I have seen FS has good prices online and have heard good things. But after your experience I will recommend Titan for those new to reloading.

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    I've heard of the old Dillon 9mm dies doing that, but not Lee. Something is wrong, most likely what YETB said above. Don't worry too much about the small gap when resizing, that is the press stretching a little due to the tremendous forces involved (the camming action of the lever and linkage creates an unbelievable amount of force). If you don't like the gap, screw the die down just a tiny bit more and check how things react. You should find a point where you feel the die just barely bottom out on the shellholder and then "cam over" as the linkage passes top-dead-center and the ram drops slightly - that's how I like to size my handgun brass.

Afterthough: was this 9mm brass fired in a Glock?

Edit: Just saw they shipped the wrong die, I was REALLY slow on this as I had the window open working a on a couple of different things.

bauerr3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 29, 2013
    Southside
    Absolutely Wow. I would ask for my money back and be done. How much did they cost, if I may ask?

The dies were $40...

I bought service parts through Titan reloading and was very happy. I have seen FS has good prices online and have heard good things. But after your experience I will recommend Titan for those new to reloading.

I read a ton of good things about them, and quite honestly their customer service has been great...I would just rather my order be right the first time instead of having three great experiences.

YETB

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 12, 2011
    Indy - West
    I've purchased all my die sets / turret holders /auto disk/auto drums from Amazon. Decent pricing and fast if you have Prime. I did have that 1 problem which I really think someone dumped a die they didn't want anymore and returned. Easy return/replacement as always.

TITAN for parts items - springs/ pins - agree- can't be beat for those items. It's always the shipping the gets you on those small items.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I've purchased all my die sets / turret holders /auto disk/auto drums from Amazon. Decent pricing and fast if you have Prime. I did have that 1 problem which I really think someone dumped a die they didn't want anymore and returned. Easy return/replacement as always.

TITAN for parts items - springs/ pins - agree- can't be beat for those items. It's always the shipping the gets you on those small items.

Shipping is a killer! I just ordered one of most every small part and two of what broke. Dropped $60 total and kept a bunch of parts on hand.

Markus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    Indianapolis

Agreed. Just ordered another 3 die set this evening from Amazon. Will be here tomorrow and lowest price I could find. I shop Palmetto, Midway and several others but Amazon was lower by a few bucks.

Broom_jm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    Since you're in Camby, which is just up the road, you're welcome to borrow one of my 9mm die sets until yours is replaced.

Jason

throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    glad you got it figured out by post #3.

Even with the right shell holder and die, there may be a minimal space at the bottom of the case (webbing, where case head meets case, "cannelure"... whatever you want to call it) that not all dies will resize.

I hope they get it foxed for you soon

bauerr3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 29, 2013
    Southside
    Since you're in Camby, which is just up the road, you're welcome to borrow one of my 9mm die sets until yours is replaced.

Jason

Unfortunately this week was the time that I had set aside to load, as work and school are picking back up. But I greatly appreciate the offer, and I will keep that in mind!

Broom_jm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    Unfortunately this week was the time that I had set aside to load, as work and school are picking back up. But I greatly appreciate the offer, and I will keep that in mind!

Well, the offer stands. I have a couple different sets of 9mm dies and have just about every case already loaded, so if you're interested, let me know.

Top Bottom