• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Yeah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Dillingham, AK
    One Shot is named appropriately meaning that you will give it "one shot" then toss it in the garbage.

I doubt all thread participants combined could lift the stack of brass I've run through dies after having lubed via one shot. If there we anything better I'd use it instead, but there isn't so I don't.

EyeCarry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 10, 2014
    Bloomington
    I am still fairly new to reloading. I only load .380 and 9mm. I use something I have on hand here at the house and have not read on INGO as being used. Beeswax. When my arm starts wearing out I lightly twirl the case opening on a small piece of the beeswax and run it into the sizing die a couple times. This makes about the next dozen or so cases run easier. I only run small batches on a single stage. Works for me. YMMV

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    Till you stick the first case!

Yes I have used several lubes and one shot is the only one I stuck cases with. Tried several methods before the garbage.

Boy was I hot after two hours in the basement coming upstairs with no loaded rounds!

Lanolin has been a blessing and it works great to lube the press as well and your hands are soft after a loading session and you can spray in an enclosed area and not die. Bonus Bonus Bonus! And it is super cheap!

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    My momma said I was perfect so there!
    youwillrespect.jpg

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    Probably the only person in the world but I use Behold Furniture polish (spray can). I was out of case lube early one morning and used it on a whim. It worked perfectly and I have had zero issues. And it is cheap. I pretty much use it all of the time now. I have my casings in a small bucket. I spray the polish on them and go to town.

pjt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    And when your wife walks by the loading bench, she thinks you've been dusting...

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Always standard RCBS Case Lube using the sponge pad to apply to my bottleneck rifle cases, but any decent water-based liquid lube should do about as well.
    The sprays are popular, but they're too messy for my liking, and I don't like the possibility of accidentally getting any inside the case mouths or up the primer pockets.
    The slower, but more controlled pad technique allows far better control over that.
    Just wipe off with ordinary paper towels after resizing.
    If only neck sizing, only a tiny amount of lube on the neck and shoulder are necessary, though, leaving the rest of the case bone dry.

cedarthicket

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 3, 2012
    I have used Vaseline for a case sizing lube for probably 30 years. Just a little, rubbed on with the fingers. It is cheap and works very well for me. You can even buy the generic equivalent (Equate brand) of the 100% pure petroleum jelly at Walmart. I suppose you could also put the Vaseline on a lube pad if you have one. As always, use sparingly, especially on the necks and shoulders, unless you like dimpled cases.

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    After hearing so many good things and seeing so many videos praising it, I decided to go with the Lanolin-alcohol mixture. Looks good to me.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    Always standard RCBS Case Lube using the sponge pad to apply to my bottleneck rifle cases, but any decent water-based liquid lube should do about as well.
    The sprays are popular, but they're too messy for my liking, and I don't like the possibility of accidentally getting any inside the case mouths or up the primer pockets.
    The slower, but more controlled pad technique allows far better control over that.
    Just wipe off with ordinary paper towels after resizing.
    If only neck sizing, only a tiny amount of lube on the neck and shoulder are necessary, though, leaving the rest of the case bone dry.

I'm Pretty lazy, which is why I keep spending money on things to make reloading faster and easier. I use the One Shot for pistols and Dillon for rifles. The one shot will not affect the powder or primer as stated on the can. Spray is my method of choice.

Profire loads 8,000 rounds a day and they use One Shot on all brass.

Top Bottom