• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I have one that my grandpa used to skin an elk with about 50 years ago. They make a great product and while I don't have or use any of their fixed blades besides the one my grandpa gave me, I am a big fan of their pocket knives. They are a quality knife, but you're never going to impress the tacticool/mall ninja's with one.

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    depending on what your looking for they are good little knives. i love the hunter/trapper model with bone saw, gut hook and blade. they usually come razor sharp and hold their edge well. some collectors (brad) love them and will spend big money on them. for me i like their pocket knives in the 30-65 dollar range.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    I have a Case Twin Finn set from the 70's. For stainless steel knives they are fairly easy to sharpen and stay sharp a long time. I haven't used them in 20 years but they are sharp enough to shave the hair on your arm. I don't know what the current quality of Case fixed blades are, but I'm betting being Case and made in the USA they are still the same high quality as 40 years ago. If I needed a set now I would not hesitate to buy Case again.

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    I have a slight addiction to Case knives. I have been collecting them for over 30 years. Whats not to like about a company that is considered to be one of the original early american cutlery companies, and is still in business today and is still making knives in the USA (Bradford PA.). Here are a few from my collection.

AFewCASEKnives001.jpg

AFewCASEKnives002.jpg

AFewCASEKnives003.jpg

AFewCASEKnives004.jpg

newtothis

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 28, 2011
    I have a slight addiction to Case knives. I have been collecting them for over 30 years. Whats not to like about a company that is considered to be one of the original early american cutlery companies, and is still in business today and is still making knives in the USA (Bradford PA.). Here are a few from my collection.

AFewCASEKnives001.jpg

AFewCASEKnives002.jpg

AFewCASEKnives003.jpg

AFewCASEKnives004.jpg

I went to the factory a couple years back, It is located in the same facility/ complex as the Zippo service building/ factory.

I have a 233-5 fixed blade, but its def. in need of a proper sharpening.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008

AFewCASEKnives001.jpg

AFewCASEKnives002.jpg

AFewCASEKnives003.jpg

AFewCASEKnives004.jpg

So I take it that is a real world thumbs up to the OP on case knives :D

By the way do you collect the fixed blades as well?

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    So I take it that is a real world thumbs up to the OP on case knives :D

By the way do you collect the fixed blades as well?

I would have to give a thumbs up for Case knives. There is nothing fancy about them. Their designs are simple and don't use any of the super steels that are being used in a lot of todays tactical, survival knives, but for 99% of the people they will get the job done.

I never got into collecting Case fixed blades....just the slip joint folders.

Top Bottom