• ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Probably meth heads trolling for anything sell-able. They could be migrants from Indy, Btown or even local?

They hunt through the day, when people are working.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    My wife called me at work & asked if she should call the police, I told her yes.

We had someone drive into our back driveway in a plain white Free Candy type van. My wife called me at work and asked if she should call the police.

YES!

I told her to hang up, arm herself, and call 911 NOW!

I drove home from work immediately while she called 911. Got home and all was well. Painter in an unmarked white work van going to 123 “South” Main Street instead of 123 “North” Main Street.

We had a conversation about calling 911 ASAP when things are sketchy. I regularly have the same conversation with the receptionist at work, if things feel sketchy call 911, you can deal with it later if things turn out okay. I also discreetly hint at who the receptionist should call inside the office. Not the snowflakes, but the people with the skills and tools to protect them and others. It doesn’t take long for the smart receptionists to figure out the subtle hints about who to call in the office if they want to be safe.

dieselrealtor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    179   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Morgan County
    Probably meth heads trolling for anything sell-able. They could be migrants from Indy, Btown or even local?

They hunt through the day, when people are working.

When we got back from vacation last summer & I found an attempted break in at my office, cracked glass & torn up screens from an unsuccessful attempt at prying windows open.

I asked the LEO why on earth would someone try to break into a real estate office, no cash or anything small of any value. He stated it was most likely a methhead just looking for enough to get high once. Listening to the local news, there had been a series of similar events within a 6 block radius.

How sad.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    When we got back from vacation last summer & I found an attempted break in at my office, cracked glass & torn up screens from an unsuccessful attempt at prying windows open.

I asked the LEO why on earth would someone try to break into a real estate office, no cash or anything small of any value. He stated it was most likely a methhead just looking for enough to get high once. Listening to the local news, there had been a series of similar events within a 6 block radius.

How sad.

It is the way of things. The drug sub-culture exists and is larger than the vg. Joe realizes.

Curls & Swirls

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2013
    Morgan County
    Guy #2 was the most suspicious for sure.

1. My boys thought he was a meter reader at first as he had a neon orange hoodie on under another coat. (Could be on purpose so he appeared to be just that.)
    2. Went to the back (I assume door) first. (Back door is actually on the side of the house).
    3. Went to front door. (This is when the boys told me he was on the front porch, I was in bed with a migraine so I wasn't really on my game.) I opened the door. (Not the smartest thing I've ever done.) Asked him in my most annoyed (because you should have seen my NO trespassing sign, and I have a migraine) voice. "Can I help you with something?" his immediate response was "I am at the wrong place". Not, does so and so live here. Not is this such and such address. Just "I'm at the wrong place!". NO Doubt he was! That is when as he turned to walk away, I also realized he had come on foot. So, as he walked back down my drive with his BREIFCASE in his hand, I was pretty sure he was up to no good and then realizing that none of our cars were parked at the house that day, it removed any doubt.

Even with all that I hate calling the police because I don't want to be the lady that cries wolf because I knew by the time they got to the area he would probably be long gone and there was nothing that they could do for me but on the chance that they did spot him maybe it would give them cause to stop and question him and look in his little briefcase. This is why I wanted to ask the question to the LEOs. Not if I was within my rights to call but if it was helpful to them or just an annoyance.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    That's the one I think was going to be a burglary. He was snooping around the outside looking for signs that there were people inside. He must not have seen any, so he knocked on the door to see if anyone answered before he would break in. I could obviously be wrong, but I see it all the time.

dieselrealtor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    179   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Morgan County
    Update,

Guy #2 was back tonight at the front door this time. Immediately said he was at the wrong house, again. I started asking questions, name, name, name, he just kept apologizing as my wife called it in & I followed him walking down the highway. He finally started running when I called as well. Long story short the LEO came after they had a chat, apparently he has schizophrenia & they are familiar with him. I feel for anyone with mental illness, however I am skeptical about the story he was telling LEO.

Top Bottom