• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jet19912

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2016
    Fishers
    I'm sure this topic has been beat to death, but I'm picking up the Century Catamount Fury and I wanted to know if anyone has owned one and has an opinion on it?

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    I have the Catamount Fury II. Bought it on the cheap (like $399.99) from PSA about a year ago. Overall, it is a decent semi-auto shotty. Fit & finish is acceptable for this price point. I have probably put about 250 rounds through it since I got it and have had a few FTE. It is a bit picky on ammo, but when you find stuff that works, it will chew it up. Magazines can be difficult to acquire. The 5 round version are out there for cheap (PSA had them for like $5) but the 10 round versions are much harder to find. I ended up having to sweet talk someone at CAI to get them to sell me 4 10 rounders. Not sure that I would be able to get that done again.

I like the gun and always wanted a mag-fed 12g shotgun. It definitely fills that role. However, if I wanted a semi-auto and reliability was my main concern, I would always go toward a Mossberg 930/Benelli/Etc.

Last edited:

Jet19912

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2016
    Fishers
    Good to hear! Which shells did it struggle with and which seemed to have the lowest failure rate? I just looked online and found fury 1&2 10 round mags on J&G sales for 35 in stock if you're looking to pick up more

Tula47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Jun 28, 2013
    Knox Co.
    I've fired a friend's and it wasn't bad. Very very picky with ammo but they may make a reliability kit like they do for saigas that may help with the problem

Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area
    I have the Lynxxe pump action. I know, not a Fury but it's Catamount. I have found it to be a great buy especially at < $200. I would not have a semi-auto shotty for anything other than range amusement though.

THE BIG SITT

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Greenwood
    I had one and loved it for the short time I owned it (only sold to clear up funds for an AR build). I put maybe 200 shells through it, all of them being cheap birdshot from WalMart. They actually have an adjustable gas block, so you should be able to get most anything to cycle. Just give it a good cleaning, oil it up, and run it.

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    An idea of the amount of work just for the trigger. It's similar to the saiga, just more grinding and fitting.

[video=youtube_share;Hamul9rgq74]http://youtu.be/Hamul9rgq74[/video]

Jet19912

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2016
    Fishers
    I'm a little late on the thread, but I put 100 rounds of Buckshot through it and it worked very well until the spot welds on the dust cover on he recoil spring guide rod fell out. It didn't seem to serve a purpose so I continued shooting after a quick look over and ran flawlessly. It's a lot of fun to shoot. Heard high brass is necessary.

Top Bottom