• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood
    I'm still counting but so far I've caught 12 mice today. This morning I cleaned out a tote that the mice had chewed through to get to the tea boxes then I vacuumed the crumbs up. I took the dogs to the park to get some fresh air and when I came back I found these two guys stuck in the Dust Buster!!!
    http://youtu.be/JozJ5C-j0O0

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood
    Wanna borrow a cat?
    I've got a really fat cat but all he does is catch it and toy with it. Sometimes he lets it go. :dunno:
    5 gallon bucket, 1x4, 2 gallons water, some corn meal, frozen corn, etc... You should be able to figure out where this is going...
    I've seen youtube videos of people doing that. I'll have to rig something up tomorrow.
    Was this your house?
    Yeah all twelve mice have been caught in the same room though. Two mouse traps aren't cutting it.
    12 or 2? Title and information about video says 12. Video says 2. How did they taste, what spices did you use?
    In the last two days I've caught 12 individual mice. Two of the mice were caught in the dust buster. A little garlic salt with some Sriracha sauce goes a long way!

For those of us who are less informed/experienced, would you mind sharing how exactly to set this up?

Thanks.
    Justin
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSk79YcuIRQ

woowoo2

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Jeffersonville
    5 gallon bucket, 1x4, 2 gallons water, some corn meal, frozen corn, etc... You should be able to figure out where this is going...

I tried this, no luck.
    Wound up doing a trigger job on a few traditional traps.
    Polish and spring adjustment with a dremmel.
    With those I got two out of the garage in one night..

The week before, I was out there on the web and watching TV.
    This little mouse ran up on the workbench, stood up on his hind legs, and stared me down.
    From there, it was war.....
    :ar15:

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    I tried this, no luck.
    Wound up doing a trigger job on a few traditional traps.
    Polish and spring adjustment with a dremmel.
    With those I got two out of the garage in one night..
    I've done the same but never thought of calling it a "trigger job" but I guess that's exactly what it is.

I found the triggers on most mouse traps are far too insensitive out of the box (i.e. unless you have a hoss of a mouse jumping up and down on the trigger, mice don't tend to set them off).

The bucket trick worked good for me - but you have to find something the mice like that smells well. Dried feed poured into the water in the bucket tends to make quite the aroma to attract the mice.

The week before, I was out there on the web and watching TV.
    This little mouse ran up on the workbench, stood up on his hind legs, and stared me down.
    From there, it was war.....
    :ar15:
    One ran up to me and stood up in front of me (as if to say, Nanananana!) and then ran off... In my living room... Let's just say the wife screamed and we went on an all-out offensive.

Since setting up the bucket we've had none in the house.

BuddieReigns

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2012
    Muncie
    my girlfriend got the glue traps because they ate the pbutter off the others. we caught a couple, but then I had to take them out ans shoot them with a bb gun. I'm not sure I like it

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    The farm field kitty corner to us was developed, so we had an invasion a few years back. I've tweaked spring traps and caught many that way. They all seem to be gone now. I even caught a couple of shrews with peanut butter. I put bead chains on them and thumbtack them to the wall so they don't get carried off.

Top Bottom