• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    Anybody know their policies and procedures? We're hitting the farm machinery show tomorrow, and I'm wondering if we'll encounter metal detectors or wanding or anything.

Many thanks.

Fedempl

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    McCordsville
    Carry of any weapon under Kentucky law in any building owned or operated by the Kentucky State Fair Board is a no go.

303 KAR 1:401

Section 3. No person is licensed to enter or remain in any building or stadium owned or operated by the Kentucky State Fair Board while in possession of a firearm or other deadly weapon (as defined in KRS 500.080(4)), regardless of whether such person would be licensed to enter such building if he did not possess such firearm, provided that this section shall not apply to a peace officer who is permitted by law to carry such weapon concealed or who is carrying such a weapon in the line of duty.

WyldeShot

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 28, 2011
    Greenville
    Carry of any weapon under Kentucky law in any building owned or operated by the Kentucky State Fair Board is a no go.

303 KAR 1:401

Section 3. No person is licensed to enter or remain in any building or stadium owned or operated by the Kentucky State Fair Board while in possession of a firearm or other deadly weapon (as defined in KRS 500.080(4)), regardless of whether such person would be licensed to enter such building if he did not possess such firearm, provided that this section shall not apply to a peace officer who is permitted by law to carry such weapon concealed or who is carrying such a weapon in the line of duty.

Interesting. I know what KY just changed some of their carry laws and I figured that the new laws would have affected this too.

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    I notice that law makes no distinction about firearms being loaded or unloaded. So if that's true they could never have another gun show there. I'm doubtful about that. It'd make every single firearms dealer illegal as soonsoon as they stepped through the door.

Fedempl

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    McCordsville
    The cite used in the law KRS 500.080 is the definition. Which basically states that Any weapon from which a shot, readily capable of producing death or other serious physical injury, may be discharged. So that would mean any firearm. It is possible they make exceptions during Gun Shows. To be sure I would call.

Wildcat45

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2012
    I believe that law is only in effect during the KY State Fair. At all other times legal carry is permitted. I could be wrong about the law, but they have gun shows at the fair grounds all the time, so you would have to take a gun to a gun show, right?

Top Bottom