• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tuttjs

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2012
    Hey guys, I'm looking for a holster for my XDM .45 to CC. I'm trying to find one on MidwayUSA and not finding any I like. What do you use to CC?

mbaza3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Nov 21, 2009
    Arizona
    From my experience a full size XDM .45 is a little big to carry IWB. I would suggest looking at a OWB holster like an Askins style which holds the gun tight to your body and can be concealed with a shirt or coat.

tuttjs

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2012
    There are a number of good options out there. I recommend the Crossbreed Supertuck as one of the best IWB holsters.

Excuse my ignorance when it comes to holsters as I have only carried in my glove box, but with the wood backboard of the crossbreed that forces you to wear on your back, correct? How does it feel sitting down?

tuttjs

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2012
    From my experience a full size XDM .45 is a little big to carry IWB. I would suggest looking at a OWB holster like an Askins style which holds the gun tight to your body and can be concealed with a shirt or coat.

I've been on the fence about this. Ideally, I would like to carry IWB, but I do understand because of the size of the XDM, I might have to do OWB, but I'm really trying to avoid it if I have to. Maybe I can use this as an excuse to go make another gun purchase :rockwoot:

mbaza3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Nov 21, 2009
    Arizona
    It is really a matter of personal comfort and what works for you. Some people are fine with carrying a bigger weapon IWB.

jylederman

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 25, 2011
    Franklin, IN
    Excuse my ignorance when it comes to holsters as I have only carried in my glove box, but with the wood backboard of the crossbreed that forces you to wear on your back, correct? How does it feel sitting down?

The crossbreed holsters are made with leather and kydex. Where did you get the idea that they are wood. I carry a full size 1911 in a super tuck and am very comfortable with it.

mbaza3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Nov 21, 2009
    Arizona
    I had a SHTF IWB holster which is similar to the Crossbreed. I know everyone raves about the leather/kydex IWB crossbreed holsters but I found it was a huge pain in the a** to put it on and take it off. I never felt that is was comfortable to wear.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    I like leather for IWB, and prefer the summer special II style. I also prefer to open carry with my serpa, but to each their own :-)

SyntorX

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    I carry my M&P Shield in a $7 Blackhawk IWB holster. It fits like a glove, I can draw quickly without yanking the holster too, and I can remove the holster and gun easily if necessary.
    I've been looking at some of the Comp-Tac holsters lately.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I just got a SmartCarry for my Beretta Nano and it's all good so far. I guess you could call it BWB (below the waistband) for lack of a better acronym.

Last edited:

Sgt Stoner

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    Fishers
    Contact GruntSoldier on here and he will hook you up! I just picked up my custom hybrid kydex holster for a S&W MP40 on Monday. I love it! Extremely comfortable and comparable with the big name brand holsters except you are supporting a local Hoosier! Great to deal with and very fair on his prices. My 2 Cents worth!

mbaza3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Nov 21, 2009
    Arizona
    I carry my M&P Shield in a $7 Blackhawk IWB holster. It fits like a glove, I can draw quickly without yanking the holster too, and I can remove the holster and gun easily if necessary.
    I've been looking at some of the Comp-Tac holsters lately.

I have a Comp-Tac OWB paddle for IDPA and love it. It is very durable and simple to put on.

Top Bottom