• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hooker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2011
    NW IN
    Concealed carry is obviously easy in the winter months since sweaters and coats are the norm, but what do you do when summer comes and we are dressing in a lot less clothing? How do you CC in summer?

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    IWB holster and an untucked shirt? Pretty much the same as winter, just without the jacket. My summertime dress is jeans or cargo shorts and a polo shirt. Even with my OWB holster, it may as well be concealed.

What do you carry?

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Lots of ways to carry just about any handgun. Do you have a gun and need to conceal it? Or are you starting from scratch and are looking for a handgun to carry?

My choices right now are an Ultra Carry Kimber 1911 which I have a very uncomfortable IWB holster and a very comfortable Fobus paddle. I use this almost every day, all day long.

I also have two .32acp pistols that fit in you pocket. My wife has a Kel Tec P32, which is awesome, and I have a 1903 Colt Hammerless Pocket pistol made in the 20's so its old but it shoots good. Its more accurate than the Kel Tec and holds 2 more rounds (my wife doesn't like to keep hers chambered) and is single action only. But it is heavy (all steel) and bigger (longer barrel and grip) but very flat.

Also JFYI you don't HAVE to conceal carry in IN ;)

Hooker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2011
    NW IN
    I just bought my first handgun a few days ago, a Gen 4 Glock 23. I've been carrying it in the inside pocket of my coat which fits perfectly. The butt sticks out and makes access very easy.

I have a IWB holster and tried it out today. Although it was somewhat uncomfortable, it was concealed pretty well. I was just curious about some of your favorite ways to conceal.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    POS IWB holster and my beloved Kel-Tec P-11, for really light carry, Phoenix Arms HP-22 in the pocket, sometimes my Charter Arms Off-duty in the belt.....I know, I know!!!!!! don't say it!!!

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    How do you CC in summer?

Same way as in the winter.

1. Think of the platform over the pistol. You need a quality belt and holster which will suck the pistol(s) up close to you.

2. Think flat, not small. Small pistols are less than optimal for several reasons. It's not to be comfortable, but comforting.

3. Remember the cons of carrying in your pockets. What do people do a lot of? Look at the food blisters at the mall--right, sit, a lot. Be careful about pocket carry.

4. Be careful with appendix carry, it's the new hotness, but keep in mind its drawbacks.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MF3zpdcBJE"]YouTube - Concealed Carry Options CCW[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDRA_SMiaUg&feature=related[/ame]

grimor

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2010
    Elkhart
    I duct tape my P229 to my inner thigh, then tape a shop towel soaked in gun oil on my other thigh. Bout half way through the day, I turn the gun over....

Hooker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2011
    NW IN
    Same way as in the winter.

1. Think of the platform over the pistol. You need a quality belt and holster which will suck the pistol(s) up close to you.

2. Think flat, not small. Small pistols are less than optimal for several reasons. It's not to be comfortable, but comforting.

3. Remember the cons of carrying in your pockets. What do people do a lot of? Look at the food blisters at the mall--right, sit, a lot. Be careful about pocket carry.

4. Be careful with appendix carry, it's the new hotness, but keep in mind its drawbacks.

Hmmmm, never thought of the pocket carry or appendix carry issues. Thank you.

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    i use the SmartCarry under my gym shorts....

Kholster2007.jpg

rmabrey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    Concealed carry is obviously easy in the winter months since sweaters and coats are the norm, but what do you do when summer comes and we are dressing in a lot less clothing? How do you CC in summer?
    Same as always and I dont really care who sees it. I DGAF carry:D

wolfts01

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 14, 2010
    New Haven
    I just bought my first handgun a few days ago, a Gen 4 Glock 23. I've been carrying it in the inside pocket of my coat which fits perfectly. The butt sticks out and makes access very easy....

I hope you weren't carrying +1 in the coat pocket. That sounds like an unintentional discharge just waiting to happen.

I carry in an IWB holster at 4-5 o'clock position. My PPS disappears under a small t-shirt and jeans, so I imagine it would be the same with shorts (haven't been carrying for very long).

Hooker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2011
    NW IN
    I hope you weren't carrying +1 in the coat pocket. That sounds like an unintentional discharge just waiting to happen.

(haven't been carrying for very long).

No round in the chamber and I was carrying it in the holster. But after all the info here I have been using the IWB correctly :D

ProLibertate

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    In the summer months, I hire an 'undocumented migrant worker' to wear a winter coat and carry my sidearm for me. You can pick them up behind the Home Depot for a lot less than a custom IWB holster. :patriot:

All jackassery aside, I have found that a good quality IWB holster or a custom fitted kydex type OWB holster (like Raven, Henry Holsters, SharkTac, etc) with a slightly loose t-shirt does the job with a mid-size weapon like a G23 or HK USP compact. At least as far as the casual observer is concerned.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom