• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Skoty

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    I have seen some people talking about MTAC, Cross Draw, just many questions arising about IWB holsters. So I decided to take photos of me wearing my Minotaur IWB MTAC holster. Hopefully it can at least shed some light on how well you can CC a firearm with a good IWB holster.

If anyone else wants to throw up photos, I can add them to this and just make a list of different types of CC holsters and get this stickied so we ease the pain for people curious about CC holsters.

Pistol: Ruger SR9
    Body Type: 5'11" 170lbs
    Holster: Minotaur MTAC IWB Standard J Clips

Some photos came out slighty dark, I tried my best to brighten them up without ruining details.

IMG_2176.jpg

IMG_2177.jpg

IMG_2178.jpg

IMG_2179.jpg

IMG_2180.jpg

IMG_2183.jpg

Hopefully people will be willing to submit photos and get a good sticky, or at least added to the FAQ section!

Last edited:

Archbishop

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    INDY
    Thanks for doing this I think it's a good start. Hopefully others will follow. And if I ever get off my lazy rear I might add some pictures with my fobus paddle holsters.

Skoty

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    Ruger LCP is a GREAT carry option, as long as you can get your hands on one.

Thank ya mysterious moderator who ever moved it for me!

Last edited:

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    Pistol: Glock 27
    Body Type: 5'9" 160lbs
    1st Holster: Custom Kydex - paid $41 (I like this one best)
    2nd Holster: Galco - World's best concealment holster - paid $100

cc1.jpg

cc2.jpg

cc3.jpg

cc4.jpg

cc5.jpg

cc6.jpg

cc7.jpg

cc8.jpg

cc9.jpg

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    GREAT idea for a thread! I am trying to decide what type of holster to get for my first handgun, and this thread could be VERY informative! Gotta Rep you for this!

mikea46996

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Winamac
    J/K but I feel the need to do this after our Fat guy cc thread...

Have you skinny guys ever thought of maybe having a pizza or some ice cream!!!!
    You know exercise will kill you...

OK I feel better now...

Carry on..

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    One of the nice things about the modern age is that many folks wear shirts un-tucked and also generally have a phone, ipod or Blackberry attached to their belt, so people are used to seeing something protruding through the material of shirts.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    4" Smith & Wesson Model 66 in an Uncle Mike's IWB holster. Don't laugh, for $11 it works just fine, and will do until I order a better holster :) In front of the gun is a DeSantis Speedloader holder. Left side is an HKS dual speedloader holder, which is kinda lumpy under the sweater. For some CC uses this needs replaced with a couple more of the DeSantis holders, or a cell phone holster. Some of the latter will hold two, one on top of the other, and they are innocuous.

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

005-1.jpg

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    One of the nice things about the modern age is that many folks wear shirts un-tucked and also generally have a phone, ipod or Blackberry attached to their belt, so people are used to seeing something protruding through the material of shirts.

That's a great point, I hadn't thought of that.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    5" RIA 1911A1 in a Galco Fletch. This is a really nice combo for me, one my wife has decided she dislikes. It makes the gun poke her in the ribs. Underscores the importance of trying your carry rig for a while before taking it out and about, because she had initially liked this combo. Took about three hours before she hated it.

Cathywithhidden1911.jpg

Cathywithnotsohidden1911.jpg

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    S&W M&P 9c in a Desantis IWB Cozy Partner. This was a truly excellent combination. The M&P 9 or M&P 9c is one of the very few guns I'd trade my revolver for. I loved the gun, and I loved it in this holster. Sadly, Cathy didn't like the gun as much as she thought she would. She sold the gun shortly after we moved from PA. Still have the holster, though.

Cathywithasurprise006.jpg

Cathywithasurprise002.jpg

Cathywithasurprise005.jpg

Last edited:

Skoty

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    J/K but I feel the need to do this after our Fat guy cc thread...

Have you skinny guys ever thought of maybe having a pizza or some ice cream!!!!
    You know exercise will kill you...

OK I feel better now...

Carry on..

Funny thing about the Fat Guy CC thread and the Big Boy's Club on here, i weighed 275lbs 1 1/2 years ago. So I lost over 100lbs in about a year. Now I get on hear and get flack for being skinny! I'll never win! haha all jokes of course!

Top Bottom