• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • snowwalker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    In the sticks
    I used to believe in the non advertising with clothing thing, now I don't care anymore. I'm putting a really large NRA patch on the back of my jacket, just because I like talking to people and to **** off liberals. I bought some old stock NRA patches and some blank hats and make my own hats now, the only comments I get is 'I like your hat'. Never did stickers on vehicles for anything.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    I am paranoid about wearing anything,( t-shirts, hoodies, stickers on my truck, etc), that say anything about guns. It seems like if I'm wearing something like that, I may as well be OCing, because why else would I have a 2nd amendment shirt or even INGO products. Nothing against OCing, but I just prefer to CC. The only thing around me that indicates I might be packing is my NRA sticker in both my vehicles. Is this something others feel if they are CCing or just me over thinking ?

Informed...I'm a little along the same lines as you...I don't put anything 'gun-related' on my vehicles...both to avoid making the cops suspicious if I were to get pulled over and because I don't want to 'advertise' to the BG's that I may have left a pistol/gun inside my vehicle.

As a former high school biology teacher...I definitely did not want something on my vehicle that would attract a kid's attention.

I don't mind wearing a shirt or hat that says 'Remington' or 'Ruger' on it now-and-then...but it's not the norm! I do tend to CC concealed (99% of the time) as I prefer the 'silent' approach to CCing!

Last edited:

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    OP, irrespective of OC/CC, I don't wear anything like what you're referring to simply because it violates the gray man principle. :shady:

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    One of 3 INGO hats I own are just about always on my head when I leave the house. No one has said anything about my hats. I also have a Ford hat that no one comments about.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I had a guy ask what kind of government work I did. INdiana GOvernment

Correct answer is..... "Wet work"

Red-movie-poster-Helen-Mirren-character-poster-slice.jpg

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Correct answer is..... "Wet work"
    The kind that necessitates drinking a lot of water first? :dunno:

I kind of understand this grey man thing, but at the same time I'm fighting for 2A rights and I have nothing to be ashamed of. To the contrary I want the enemy to know we are many and we are everywhere.

:twocents:

MadMan66

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2012
    Hogshitt's Paradise
    I'm voting with the over-thinking it crowd. I used to have a few gun stickers on my old vehicle until I sold it. I wear gun shirts, and my INGO hat all the time. Never hear a word from anyone, except on INGO swag. I just wear what I like. I try to keep things simple, if at all possible. Got enough complicated things going on to worry about what I wear.

MBogus

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2015
    Indianapolis
    OP, you'd be shocked by the obliviousness of the general public to everything going on more than 12 inches from their face. The number of people that wear shirts, hats, or have stickers on their vehicles who are trying to get noticed but are ignored is staggering. Do a small experiment and wear a firearm related item to a mall if you're near one. You see that no one notices it, or the 20 kids in shirts that say "F*ck You".

Informed Decision

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2014
    Evansville
    There have been many good points brought up for both directions on this. I believe I would agree that most would not know what INGO is though I'm sure more prevalent in certain areas. Like BBI has stated, it's not those that I'M worried about. It's those looking to cause trouble & are scoping the area for where their problems would come from. Since I'm not a big guy & generally look like everybody else, I like not having a neon bulb drawing attn to me. My weapon is always secure in my vehicle when unattended or on my person. INGO stuff I would & probably will buy but all others... Probably not.

RedThunder

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 13, 2013
    Indy-North
    Well...not to stir it up, but a hardcore survivalist had written that in an emergency/SHTF situation, keep an eye out for vehicles with NRA and gun/hunting stickers on them. Chances are you'll find a gun in one. Why I'll never "tag" my vehicle with a sticker that tells strangers about me personally, especially something like an NRA sticker that screams surprise me and get a free gun from a dip****.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Well...not to stir it up,
    You did. :horse:
    but a hardcore survivalist had written that in an emergency/SHTF situation, keep an eye out for vehicles with NRA and gun/hunting stickers on them. Chances are you'll find a gun in one. Why I'll never "tag" my vehicle with a sticker that tells strangers about me personally, especially something like an NRA sticker that screams surprise me and get a free gun from a dip****.
    So,
    • now those of us with NRA stickers are dip****s?!
    • those those of us that think the battle is going on right NOW and standing up voicing our opinion are dip****s?
    • if someone thinks that thug that sees an NRA striker in the parking lot is going to think twice about robbing the joint is dip****?
    • those of us that think that being counted on the side of freedom is far more important than cowering and hiding are dip****s?
    • if we are not concerned about some unlikely SHTF scenario that have an very, very slim chance of happening to us, we are dip****s?
    • those of us who don't pay heed to Grizzly McSurvivor the armchair prepper are dip****s?

This nonsense has about as much truth as, "Don't put family stick figures on your car - kidnappers use those to find out who has kids!"

Last edited:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I see the point of the author. If I need something ASAP, Im going to use clues to figure out where this resource might be and profile in order to minimize my efforts.

If I needed to find something, I'm going to look for clues. So if Im foraging for walnuts, do I wander around the woods aimlessly looking for them? No. I look for a Walnut tree and THEN start looking on the ground.

If I was hungry for Granola, do I find the brand new lexus, or do I look for a car plastered with PETA, WWF, and greenpeace stickers and break into that one instead? :laugh:

This assumes the idiot looking for a gun is smart enough to use clues like NRA stickers to his advantage, but the anti-grey man action of putting distinguishing stickers on your car could in theory attract unwanted attention.

Top Bottom