• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • barnstormer37

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2013
    These .22LR cartridges are 100 to a container, the product number is 0030.
    They are in a plastic "sleeve", and the top has to slide sideways to open the "box". How do I get the lid to move? The plastic lid has little nibs on the inside that prevent it from sliding, and they do a great job of accomplishing that. There must be a simple way of getting this done. I just haven't figured it out yet.

barnstormer37

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2013
    I don't know what "sideways" is. But you have to cut the label and the top will slide in the direction of the label.

According to Merriam-Webster;

:ugh:sideways 1: from the side 2: with one side to the front 3: to, toward, or at one side.

Glad I could help.

IfUDare01

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2013
    Fishers
    Don't smack with a hammer lmao. If you don't cut the labeling you're not going to get anywhere. You can always reuse the case to organize bulk ammo.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    LOL reminds me of my Appleseed! We knew to cut the label and slide the lid off and we still had trouble! Try not to push down too much when sliding the cover off. It can be a *****.

caneman

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    Lagrange County
    Back when I shot them regularly I'd get some that just didn't want to slide. Then I'd slip a thin knife blade in the far end and twist gently. The lid would slip part way and then you could slide it the rest of the way.

Andre46996

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Hammond
    Go buy a small propane torch... Starting near the middle gradually apply heat to the case. Once it starts to burn on its own, grab a beer and just sit back and wait.. Soon all of the ammo will be free from it'd confines...

pirate

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 2, 2011
    This thread is funny. Sorry, I know everyone is new at one time or another, but my 6 year old figured the label cut and slide part out on his own years ago by himself.

Top Bottom